Graham Couch: Iowa Basketball is a mid-major roster

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I think standings and whatnot have zero to do with it, it's not worth the time and effort to attend.
Could very well be. Iowa and Rutgers are overachieving by most accounts. I haven't caught much of Rutgers but no one can deny Iowa's players arent busting their tails.
Just suprised by it, as are the professionals.

Shawker

This May Not Be Accurate
Jun 19, 2014
Des Moines
I'm suprised. The weather will be better than last Friday and it could be just as important as that game when it comes to the standings.
I mean, I gave Iowa credit for that, and multiple Iowa fans agreed with it:

It's disappointing that more tickets haven't been sold. I can only speak for myself but the 8pm start time is a killer when you live in Des Moines and have to work the next day. Getting home after midnight when I usually roll into work between 7 and 8 isn't ideal.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
It's disappointing that more tickets haven't been sold. I can only speak for myself but the 8pm start time is a killer when you live in Des Moines and have to work the next day. Getting home after midnight when I usually roll into work between 7 and 8 isn't ideal.
Yep but you would think there would be a few more going. I was suprised when @dexterhawk told me Iowa was still on break last Friday. Couple that with the weather, and that's a really solid crowd IMO. Just suprised it didnt carry over more you know?

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Yep but you would think there would be a few more going. I was suprised when @dexterhawk told me Iowa was still on break last Friday. Couple that with the weather, and that's a really solid crowd IMO. Just suprised it didnt carry over more you know?
Rutgers

Pretty sure this wasn’t a “must see” pre-season or a few weeks ago. That said...hopefully there’s at least 12k or so

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Rutgers

Pretty sure this wasn’t a “must see” pre-season or a few weeks ago. That said...hopefully there’s at least 12k or so
No, I agree its not a hot matchup name wise but when you put those numbers in front of both teams it should change that some IMO.

• Agree
Reactions: dexterhawk

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
The Lickliter Redemption begins!

@jeffborzillo Evansville announces Todd Lickliter as its new permanent head coach. He signed a multi-year deal and will coach the Purple Aces during their game against Drake tomorrow night.

• Funny
Reactions: CyTwins

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying

@jeffborzillo Evansville announces Todd Lickliter as its new permanent head coach. He signed a multi-year deal and will coach the Purple Aces during their game against Drake tomorrow night.
Wow! Beat Kentucky and this is what happens.

HawkJRP

Dec 27, 2019
Wow! Beat Kentucky and this is what happens.

Uhh....

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...lter-mccarty-names-todd-lickliter-replacement

"McCarty was initially put on administrative leave by the university on Dec. 26, after reports of alleged sexual misconduct and violations of Evansville's Title IX policy.

In a statement announcing the decision, which is effective immediately, the school said it had received additional reports of off-court misconduct with members of the "campus community'' during McCarty's tenure of less than two seasons. It also noted that McCarty had previously participated in a training program about unacceptable behavior."

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Uhh....

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-b...lter-mccarty-names-todd-lickliter-replacement

"McCarty was initially put on administrative leave by the university on Dec. 26, after reports of alleged sexual misconduct and violations of Evansville's Title IX policy.

In a statement announcing the decision, which is effective immediately, the school said it had received additional reports of off-court misconduct with members of the "campus community'' during McCarty's tenure of less than two seasons. It also noted that McCarty had previously participated in a training program about unacceptable behavior."
Sorry I dont follow Evansville basketball.

Help Support Us

Become a patron