Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
I know for a long time some doctors got tired of fighting people who thought they knew best. People would get belligerent with a doctor who wouldn't prescribe an antibiotic for a viral illness. Some doctors would finally just write the Rx to get them out of their office. It isn't right, but I could see why they would do it. Hopefully there is enough education about the problem out there that this isn't happening now as much if at all. The resistance isn't just a problem for the First Order. Nearly as big of a problem is people who have an antibiotic and fail to take the entire prescription. "I felt better after 3 days of my 7 day regimen so I quit taking it." They knock the bug down but not out so it has a chance to develop a resistance to that antibiotic. Take your meds as prescribed!

tenor.gif

• Friendly
Reactions: VeloClone

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
@NWICY, my day has become interesting.

I handle logistics at work for something that I don't own but we handle the legwork of getting product to the customer, essentially. Found out that those who do own it are making major changes and..........forgot to tell my team. When we started getting emails asking to change customer status to something that didn't exist we got real curious WTF was going on.

Forgot or didn't realize we needed to be in the loop (which is honestly worse), either way, they have stuff planned to move for next week that I'm like morganfreemangoodluck.gif. Customers aren't set up nor is anything in our system set to handle this new change. Somebody probably needs to go in and manually change like 600 accounts. Plus get the new process figured out and set up. And of course person I need to talk to and have make decisions is out the whole week. Like, I can't even today. Not my circus. Well, it is but not really.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I ordered a printer head, the printer head was not recognized by my printer but swapping them all in and out triggered the auto head clean and rebalance that I was manually trying to do. Now the old one works so I was stuck with this other one. Wife threw away the stuff that came with it minutes after I opened it. (If she didn’t order something, all packaging and everything is tossed minutes after opening).

So I figured I would end up eating this roughly 30 bucks. Wife decided that she would initiate the return, somehow she gets it lined up with a company that the closest location is 75 miles away. Now I have to decide if I just toss it and deal with her or drive it and waste 3 hours of my time and a chunk of fuel but not hear about it ever again.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Thanks Kim......now I have date single moms ads at the bottom. Rather have McGregor and Cowboy ones back.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I'm sitting in our office, watching the snow falling while playing on my computer. It's backwards! The window faces east...the snow always falls top left to bottom right (roughly NW to SE) but today it's going top right to bottom left. Bizarre...
Looks like around 1.5 to 2 inches so far.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I remember thinking as a teenager how dopey and "un-hip" old people were. I was just sure I'd never end up like that.

Now I'm reading threads about euthanizing our whole generation, and a wry smile crosses my face.

Eventually........someday..........

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Anybody see the new studio design on WHO channel 13? . . .

1992 called ...

On that note did anyone catch Erin Kiernan on the news a couple of nights ago? I'm pretty sure she had a wig on straight front bangs and a flat edge cut on the sides, next night she was back to her usual hair style. It was cute enough though, but was hard not to notice. I'm guessing her husband enjoyed the change up.

• Informative
Reactions: khardbored

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
This stuff is really coming down. 2-3 inches on the ground and a short half mile visibility. I'm pretty sure I'll be pretty busy tomorrow getting it moved.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
I remember thinking as a teenager how dopey and "un-hip" old people were. I was just sure I'd never end up like that.

Now I'm reading threads about euthanizing our whole generation, and a wry smile crosses my face.

Eventually........someday..........

Either Logan's Run or Soylent (spelling?) Green is a great idea of your under 30:rolleyes:. Those cave threads go way of the rail most the time.

• Agree
Reactions: SCyclone

SaraV

Staff member
Mar 13, 2012
A Facebook post just put me on a train of thought that led me to remembering my 5th grade teacher had a baby during the school year, before or during Christmas break if I'm correct.

That kid is now 33 years old. :confused::eek::confused:

I know, I know! But this is just my reality right now.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
A Facebook post just put me on a train of thought that led me to remembering my 5th grade teacher had a baby during the school year, before or during Christmas break if I'm correct.

That kid is now 33 years old. :confused::eek::confused:

I know, I know! But this is just my reality right now.

Cheer up, the time will go a lot faster as you get older. o_O

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: oldman and NWICY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron