Random Thoughts 14: I can see clearly now 2020 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
A warm blanket, a comfy couch, a crackling fire....
OH, "A" cold, not "THE" cold...

Dayquil, Nyquil, steamy showers to clear your sinuses & relieve aches, and lots of sleep. Colds are viruses, you can treat the symptoms but you can't "cure" them....and antibiotics ARE NOT NEEDED FOR COMMON COLDS!! (thus endeth the lecture)

Dammit, woman, are you trying to make big pharma go broke?

/major jimlad

• Funny
Reactions: NWICY

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

/major jimlad
Now I'm triggered. ;)

Well not really, but I am sick of "big" everything. It seems the media likes to do this all the time: Big oil, big pharma, etc. Since they like to imply that everything big is inherently bad, I would really like to see their reaction when they start to get very publicly referred to as "big media". I'm looking at you, Gannett.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Now I'm triggered. ;)

Well not really, but I am sick of "big" everything. It seems the media likes to do this all the time: Big oil, big pharma, etc. Since they like to imply that everything big is inherently bad, I would really like to see their reaction when they start to get very publicly referred to as "big media". I'm looking at you, Gannett.
Media has to sensationalize everything. It's not winter, it's a polar vortex!!!!!!!!!!

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops

/major jimlad
NO. I'm trying to keep people from misusing antibiotics and creating superbugs, like MRSA, or that K. pnuemoniae that I had last spring, strains of which are resistant to nearly all known drugs. I was fortunate; my strain was not resistant to Augmentin or Cipro...but those are pretty heavy duty antibiotics.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
NO. I'm trying to keep people from misusing antibiotics and creating superbugs, like MRSA, or that K. pnuemoniae that I had last spring, strains of which are resistant to nearly all known drugs. I was fortunate; my strain was not resistant to Augmentin or Cipro...but those are pretty heavy duty antibiotics.

I'm with you on that....just seems like most doctors' solution to everything is a med. People need to learn how to treat their own symptoms - for example, when they have a cold or the flu! - and not run to the doctor every time.

• Winner
Reactions: dirtyninety

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I'm with you on that....just seems like most doctors' solution to everything is a med. People need to learn how to treat their own symptoms - for example, when they have a cold or the flu! - and not run to the doctor every time.
I know for a long time some doctors got tired of fighting people who thought they knew best. People would get belligerent with a doctor who wouldn't prescribe an antibiotic for a viral illness. Some doctors would finally just write the Rx to get them out of their office. It isn't right, but I could see why they would do it. Hopefully there is enough education about the problem out there that this isn't happening now as much if at all. The resistance isn't just a problem for the First Order. Nearly as big of a problem is people who have an antibiotic and fail to take the entire prescription. "I felt better after 3 days of my 7 day regimen so I quit taking it." They knock the bug down but not out so it has a chance to develop a resistance to that antibiotic. Take your meds as prescribed!

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
What r people’s thoughts on Zicam or Airbourne? I can feel a cold coming on. I’ve never felt like they did a damn thing but some people swear by them. I don’t think there’s any real science behind it but hey I’ve been told by someone I live with I’m wrong everyday.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
What r people’s thoughts on Zicam or Airbourne? I can feel a cold coming on. I’ve never felt like they did a damn thing but some people swear by them. I don’t think there’s any real science behind it but hey I’ve been told by someone I live with I’m wrong everyday.
If they relieve your symptoms, use them. They won't cure your cold, but they might make it more tolerable. Same reason why I use the Dayquil & Nyquil.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Had a cold coming on late last week, hit me hard Sat., eased up Sunday and pretty much back to normal Monday just in time for my annual physical.
Typically I load up on Vit C during that time. Two pills twice a day until the cold’s gone. Only had 5 pills for this cold so maybe just a few worked better this time.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
We use Target brand Airbourne. It seems to help if you take it at the onset of the symptoms. If you get the full-fledged cold there doesn't seem to be much you can do other than rest and ride it out.

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I haven't seen her naked. There's probably been a million links that have popped up to see her but I haven't clicked on any of them.

giphy.gif

• Agree
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY and JM4CY
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron