KXNO/iHeart Layoffs

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
It’s a brutal time. But I can’t imagine that at least some of the shows weren’t profitable. I can guarantee that the only time I’ll listen to 1460 is for WBB.

I will say that CW has been pretty smart to diversify over the years and hopefully that makes this a bit easier for him.

• Agree
Reactions: oldman and kilroy

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Just judging by the SM posts it doesn’t seem like anyone is surprised or necessarily mad about it.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Outside of Dan Patrick Fox Sports Radio is hot garbage. Really looking forward to them putting JT the Brick on during drive time, ******* douchebags

BCoffClone125

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 19, 2010
Salt Lake City, UT
Dang this sucks, big time. One of the things that made Des Moines unique to other markets was the presence of local sports talk radio without any professional teams. As someone who lives out of market, I love the fact that I can tune into the pulse of the Des Moines sports scene via the iHeart app. Really hope Ross and CW can continue to work together in some capacity, I really liked listening to them.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Are they keeping this 10-12 hour? Get rid of this **** and give me Sports fanatics.
The Fanatics & Morning Rush were around a lot longer on the station so would be surprised if Miller & Condon stayed. Wish they were all kept on though.

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
So NO-heart Radio's business plan is to force people like me to listen to nationally syndicated blabbermouths talk about Dallas Cowboy or New York market nonsense year around? If that's the case they're going to be in for a rude awakening. There's too many other options with the way you can stream whatever you want these days.

My days of listening to KXNO on my way to work and back are over.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Nothing like iheart paying for and setting up all new promos/lead ins/voice overs 2 weeks ago and then canning thewe people and their shows. Woof.

I'd also stop running their commercials if I were them and just give out free ones to good advertisers to fill the slots.

• Useful
Reactions: Cycsk

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Very sorry for the folks impacted...I'm sure many of them will land as there is a lot of talent.

What a gut punch to the local coverage.

It'll be interesting to see next steps for some of these folks.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Wow, so Morning Rush is gone - love or hate them it was still better than anything in the morning. So is CW done there too since Ross got let go or are Sports Fanatics just down a co-host at the moment?

What really sucks is Miller and Condon IMO have the worst show of the bunch but I guess their format fits the national bit because they probably cover more national than local at times and rarely take calls. Sean's Saturday morning show was awful so not sad to see it go but what a short-sighted decision by iHeart if both the morning and evening local shows got the axe.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Well I can save you all time with national radio.

-Lebron
-Cowboys
-Will Brady return?
-Who is the best athlete of all time debate?
-Lebron
-More Lebron
-Which mega star will the Yankees buy and underperform with?
-Duke basketball is amazing
-Alabama football
-Yet more Lebron

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Very sorry for the folks impacted...I'm sure many of them will land as there is a lot of talent.

What a gut punch to the local coverage.

It'll be interesting to see next steps for some of these folks.

it would take a lot of hustle and I’m not sure how financially viable it would be for someone who needs a FT gig but you’ve got to think podcasts are the future.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman