For the first time in 15 years...

gocy444

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
For the first time in my roughly 15 years of Cyclone fandom, I turned to a different channel tonight. As a teen who was obsessed with ISU sports I would still love to come home and love watch Craig Brackins and crew lose on a Wednesday night. I suffered through the Chizik and McDermott eras, watched us lose 77-7 to Baylor in football and get smacked countless other time. I still watched every second I could because I loved it. I’m the guy who stays until the last second because I want to see what the reserves look like and what the future holds.

Maybe it’s just me getting older, but this isn’t even fun to watch.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
For the first time in my roughly 15 years of Cyclone fandom, I turned to a different channel tonight. As a teen who was obsessed with ISU sports I would still love to come home and love watch Craig Brackins and crew lose on a Wednesday night. I suffered through the Chizik and McDermott eras, watched us lose 77-7 to Baylor in football and get smacked countless other time. I still watched every second I could because I loved it. I’m the guy who stays until the last second because I want to see what the reserves look like and what the future holds.

Should have watched those Walden years. Crowd would go crazy because we would finally get a first down halfway through the second already down 28.

woodm07

Apr 6, 2015
This is heartbreaking. I hope that doesn't make me a JA, but this is just so disappointing.

• Agree
Reactions: motorcy90

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa

The sad this about tonight is that the future feels so hopeless. There is nothing to look forward to.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia
The sad this about tonight is that the future feels so hopeless. There is nothing to look forward to.
Agreed. Haliburton will be gone and then what? Speaking of Haliburton. Could you imagine if last years teams offense ran through Haliburton and all the guys that went to the NBA we’re supporting cast?

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Yep. That's what sucks the most. This roster is in shambles outside of Haliburton who will likely go.

Foster will be good, but big men need guards, and usually they need 1-2 years to develop.
Yep.

A frontcourt of Conditt, Young, Foster, Blackwell, and Johnson should be one you can win with. Land a good grad transfer guard, and the backcourt should be enough to hold interest. I mean the GT, Bolton, and one of the freshmen should be serviceable. And Jackson could make a jump. Self, Drew, Beard etc would be at least on the bubble with such a team.

But Prohm needs a talent buffer to avoid losses to FAMU and Milwaukee, and to finish 9-9

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
LOL. Like Pollard gives a **** about wrestling. Even if he was willing to part with the money, it would make him look really bad to fire a guy less than a year after extending him and giving him a big buyout.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
LOL. Like Pollard gives a **** about wrestling. Even if he was willing to part with the money, it would make him look really bad to fire a guy less than a year after extending him and giving him a big buyout.

You do realize he went and got Dresser and is paying him a (I think) top 5 salary to be the wrestling coach. I’ve seen him at all the home duals this year and I think last year too. So I think he might care a little.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
I think Haliburton will be back next year. As we continue to struggle and good teams take him out of the game (because he is all we have obviously) his stock will fall a little. I think he likes it here and if he doesn't get unbelievable feedback he will come back for 1 more year. He doesn't wanna go out like this.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Pollard doesnt have the guts or coldhearted businessmen like swagger too just end the Prohm era. Sure sure he fired Rhoads but also gave Kevin Jackson ungodly amount of patience for a wrestling program that has 8 NCAA titles but none since '87
I’m afraid you’re right. Giving McDermott the opportunity for a 5th year is enough proof. Jamie is a $$$ man and basketball profits a tiny fraction the amount football does so he doesn’t really care.

Reactions: CyBobby

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I think Haliburton will be back next year. As we continue to struggle and good teams take him out of the game (because he is all we have obviously) his stock will fall a little. I think he likes it here and if he doesn't get unbelievable feedback he will come back for 1 more year. He doesn't wanna go out like this.

The $10 million will make going out like this more tolerable. If he’s a lottery pick, he isn’t coming back. Nor should he.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron