Go Cyclone Radio

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
They constantly told us that owning their own T3 content was superior. And then let them build the infrastructure for what, 5 years? And boom they needed to sell two games and gave ESPN the whole shebang for less money in the end. All so E$PN could buyout CBS contract for a few $EC games at like 10x the price. They failed, BADLY.

The SEC is a much more valuable property.

The Big 12 made a play. Folding up Cyclones.TV isn't earth shaking. We've wanted a Big 12 network for years. This is as close as we can get.....and people want to draw the line at $5

• Agree
Reactions: StPaulCyclone

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
I understand the hesitation, but we, ISU fans, got three games on ESPN + for the month of January so it’s not a huge deal for $5.

Just cancel if you don’t want it after January.

In January, we got

-KU tonight ( Top 5)
-Baylor next week (Top 5)
- Okla St. in late January

Next ESPN+ game is in March vs KState.

Here’s to a Good 2020!

-

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
So. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Fox backed out of the Big 12 Championship football game. We didn't have a home for 2 of those big money games.

ESPN strikes a deal to pick those games up and make a de facto Big 12 online network

ISU fans beat their chest for years saying we can't wait for the day when tv markets don't matter! We'll pay!

Right. $5 and we want to go back to WOI farm TV from '83. ESPN+ flops and it'll be interesting to see if there's an impact to the tv rights down the road.
I think part of it is getting hit with cyclones.tv, ESPN, and ESPN + combined with the bad results.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
It's $5. I bet u guys still have your gear from the 90s too. Best and CHEAPEST fan base.
It is the principle of the thing! I have my radio tuned to 100.3 to listen to the Cyclones while I watch Alabama play Miss. State on the SEC Network on my Direct TV package. It's not the $5, it's the GD millennials and their streaming that annoys the hell out of me. ISU vs. KU being on a streaming app instead of being shown from coast to coast on ESPN, ESPN 2 or ESPN U is a JOKE and lessens exposure. Let's Go State!

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
It is the principle of the thing! I have my radio tuned to 100.3 to listen to the Cyclones while I watch Alabama play Miss. State on the SEC Network on my Direct TV package. It's not the $5, it's the GD millennials and their streaming that annoys the hell out of me. ISU vs. KU being on a streaming app instead of being shown from coast to coast on ESPN, ESPN 2 or ESPN U is a JOKE and lessens exposure. Let's Go State!

The streaming thing is about as traditional 'murican as it gets from what I can tell.

Boomers should love the business competition. Just gotta pull yourself up by the boot straps and earn it.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Sorry man, TV is dead.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
I can’t imagine the complaints if cyclones fans were around when cars started to replace horses.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
I am always surprised at how many here don’t donate to Cyclone Club, Gridiron Club, buy tickets, CyclonesTV, etc.. Now streaming is here and it is yet another chance to support ISU, but...

We as fans have an opportunity to impact how valuable ISU is in this medium going into the future. Contribute more to our success and @&#$* less.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I am always surprised at how many here don’t donate to Cyclone Club, Gridiron Club, buy tickets, CyclonesTV, etc.. Now streaming is here and it is yet another chance to support ISU, but...

We as fans have an opportunity to impact how valuable ISU is in this medium going into the future. Contribute more to our success and @&#$* less.
I am a Cyclone Club Member and a Football and Men's Basketball Season Ticket holder. Screw streaming. It's not about me being able to see the game or not. As a matter of fact, I am enjoying the radio broadcast (I stayed home tonight). It's about not having easy access to see Iowa State on ESPN / ESPN2 / ESPNU from coast to coast if I am visiting my sister in California or my brother in Florida or on a business trip anywhere else. This streaming crap is actually short sighted for a short sighted millennial audience. Ironically, it's a good thing that ISU is not on from coast to coast tonight! At least, the embarrassment will be contained to the ESPN app and between the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers.

Last edited:

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
I am a Cyclone Club Member and a Football and Men's Basketball Season Ticket holder. Screw streaming. It's not about me being able to see the game or not. As a matter of fact, I am enjoying the radio broadcast (I stayed home tonight). It's about not having easy access to see Iowa State on ESPN / ESPN2 / ESPNU from coast to coast if I am visiting my sister in California or my brother in Florida or on a business trip anywhere else. This streaming crap is actually short sighted for a short sighted millennial audience. Ironically, it's a good thing that ISU is not on from coast to coast tonight! At least, the embarrassment will be contained to the ESPN app and between the Missouri and Mississippi Rivers.

Not a millennial. As far as easy access, I can watch this via smart TV or XBox in my house. I can watch it on my tablet or phone from anywhere. I travel frequently for work and have access via my devices. We will see if it is short sighted and the streaming market in general will have to sort itself out. In the meantime, this is what it is. Looking ahead, good luck to ISU athletics with a small state population and a fan base that won’t pay to watch the Cyclones outside of an overpriced Dish/Cable subscription. I am also also glad this beat down is not on ESPN mothership.