x

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007
So relax. It isn't some personal insult to Pollard to say he probably didn't write this himself, because it's still "him" talking. And in fact, it would be high praise to his staff that it was so well-written that people think Pollard did it himself.
Would JP allow any correspondence with donors and season ticket holders that he did not approve?

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Would JP allow any correspondence with donors and season ticket holders that he did not approve?

Is that a rhetorical question? Because I said earlier in the same post that he certainly would have approved it, because it's going public under his signature.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
Dude smells donation and ticket troubles.
We have been season ticket holders for 18 years and that may end not because of how the season ended but because my wife has missed games during the last two seasons due to health issues. I hope the end of the season doesn't impact season ticket sales.

Reactions: stateofmind

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Ok now I am curious. What have you seen that is "ugly"?

Not to mention, nothing on this board is actually meant for Steve Prohm's eyes. Or Jamie Pollard's for that matter. It's fans having discussions with other fans. If Pollard is ticked off that people on a message board are having a conversation about whether Prohm is doing a good job his skin may be a bit too thin.
you're suppose to sing kumbaya at all times.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
If it is so damned easy how come we didn't have a hell of a lot more of them before our recent success?

Good point. Exactly twice prior to the 2010s, dating back to Big 8. I couldn't tell you how many 1-and-out trips we've had without looking in the archives.

It does annoy me when fans use "conference tournament title" interchangeably with "conference championship," but acting like it isn't worth mentioning annoys me almost as much. Even worse -- winning it somehow happens only at the expense of regular season success/winning NCAA Tournament games. As if there's only so much in the bucket.

Winning the conference tournament beats not winning it. Let's leave it at that.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Good point. Exactly twice prior to the 2010s, dating back to Big 8. I couldn't tell you how many 1-and-out trips we've had without looking in the archives.

It does annoy me when fans use "conference tournament title" interchangeably with "conference championship," but acting like it isn't worth mentioning annoys me almost as much. Even worse -- winning it somehow happens only at the expense of regular season success/winning NCAA Tournament games. As if there's only so much in the bucket.

This is pretty much how I feel.

It does annoy me when people say we "won the Big 12" when we win the conference tournament. Regular season title is absolutely more meaningful, and harder to do.

But...winning the conference tournament guarantees you a bid to the NCAA's. It's something that still gets recorded in the books. And it's hella fun.

Both extremes are stupid.

beentherebefore

Nov 24, 2007

As of now, the way to get an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament is to win the conference tournament. The winner of the tournament is officially the Big 12 champion as far as th NCAA bid is concerned.

Same is true for just about eery conference.

I, like many on this board, am disappointed with this year's football season and this year's basketball season (so far).

But this year in both sports are a lot better than most years in my memory.

• Optimistic
Reactions: FatNTired

motorcy90

Aug 12, 2018
Iowa
My simple request to each of you is to never lose your passion and desire to want the best for our program

and whats best for our program in Basketball is getting rid of an under achieving coach who just had probably the most embarrassing loss for a D1 program.... Football we are better off then we have ever been.

isu81

Mar 6, 2013
I've received hand written notes from JP thanking me for random $100 donations. If you don't think he wrote that letter i'd guess you probably don't have the full measure of that man.
While I don’t like how Jamie promotes Jamie, I agree on this point. He does do the little things like this well.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I read Jamie's letter. Not going to bother reading the comments from the rest of you.

• Useful
Reactions: CyBobby and huntt26