All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
B1G has clearly been the best conference in college football this year. Sorry.

I wouldn’t say that until tomorrow. I feel that Minnesota gets whooped and Michigan does too. The SEC is head and shoulders above the rest. Then it is the Big 10. Then the PAC 12, Big 12 and ACC in that order.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
If finishing ranked in the top 25 isn't a good year, have any of CMC's seasons to date been a good year?
Don't be stupid. WTF is wrong with you right now? You are getting the stupids lately. #bebetter.

Campbell inherited a **** pile. He has done really solid work. Don't be
upload_2019-12-31_15-32-57.png

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I wouldn’t say that until tomorrow. I feel that Minnesota gets whooped and Michigan does too. The SEC is head and shoulders above the rest. Then it is the Big 10. Then the PAC 12, Big 12 and ACC in that order.

If Minney and Mich get rolled then I agree. Up to now B1G has been the best top to bottom.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Clemson could prove me wrong but LSU is the best college team there's been in many years.

I agree. LSU is stacked and probably wins by a couple TDS. Puts the SEC in the drivers seat. Weird thing is Texas was in a slug fest withLSU and just ran out of gas.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
I'm not saying that team wasn't better than this team.. Also, we didn't play OU or Texas that year and we didn't even beat K State or Nebraska so what's the point here?

The point was the Big12 was better then, there is really no argument.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
B1G has clearly been the best conference in college football this year. Sorry.
I think it's fairly close this year and it is. Big 10 having 6 teams in the top-25, while the SEC has 5. Both conferences have some abysmal teams at the bottom, and the middle of the conferences is probably better in the SEC.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The point was the Big12 was better then, there is really no argument.
Man us Iowa State fans can't have anything can we lol. You guys talk down to us and tell us what's right because you know it all. We can't even decide what's right or wrong regarding our own school.

Also, I wasn't arguing the conference was overall better, I was arguing that playing that schedule back in the day is not easier than playing today's schedule. We consistently got to miss playing out on Texas and OU. We don't get to now.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
Man us Iowa State fans can't have anything can we lol. You guys talk down to us and tell us what's right because you know it all. We can't even decide what's right or wrong regarding our own school.

Also, I wasn't arguing the conference was overall better, I was arguing that playing that schedule back in the day is not easier than playing today's schedule. We consistently got to miss playing out on Texas and OU. We don't get to now.

True, an unbalanced schedule can lead to easy years and tougher years. I was just responding to someone saying the Big12 is tougher, when it isn't. The real problem though is that ISU has to replace a sure W on the schedule vs a Mac school with another P5 opponent now.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
True, an unbalanced schedule can lead to easy years and tougher years. I was just responding to someone saying the Big12 is tougher, when it isn't. The real problem though is that ISU has to replace a sure W on the schedule vs a Mac school with another P5 opponent now.
True. SEC scheduling at it's finest.

Legend Hawk

Sep 2, 2018
True. SEC scheduling at it's finest.

They have been doing that forever, and they are smart. If the Big10 was smart they would also move back to a 8 game Big10 schedule as well. Why make it harder on yourself when the SEC will never do that?

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They have been doing that forever, and they are smart. If the Big10 was smart they would also move back to a 8 game Big10 schedule as well. Why make it harder on yourself when the SEC will never do that?
I completely agree!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Except, you battled a straw man. No one said the big XII is tougher now as a whole. It was mentioned that the big XII is tougher now because of not skipping teams. You basically made up a statement and argued against it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
TV revenue. You cut the amount of conference games and the companies won’t be happy about paying for Michigan versus north Texas.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
Except, you battled a straw man. No one said the big XII is tougher now as a whole. It was mentioned that the big XII is tougher now because of not skipping teams. You basically made up a statement and argued against it.

The Big 12 is nowhere near as tough as it was during its inception 20+ years ago. Back then, it was arguably the toughest conference in the country. It was known as a tough defensive league back then.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron