It’s time to have a Spring Game?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Spring game isn't important to how the team will perform but it's nice to have something for the fans. My Cyclone fandom was set in stone as a 6 year old getting autographs from guys like Joe Henderson, Mike Busch and Brett Sadek after the spring game.

Spring games and Midnight madness type of stuff is for the fans, if done right, its great marketing for the program.

With all that said, I totally get why a coach wouldn't want them. I'd only personally like to have them due strictly to being sentimental, as I went to a lot of them over the years.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I think spring games are a marketing opportunity for the team. If the coaching staff doesn't think the risk of someone getting hurt outweighs the marketing gain, then they should not do them.

Cyientist

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 18, 2013
Ankeny
Do we get to scan out at halftime, or will that look bad on WOI’s 5 o’clock coverage?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Our spring games were very poorly attended. People act like they actually went to them.

If Campbell doesn't want one, don't have one.
If they threw in a drill where Manning was a live tackling dummy, the stadium would be full tomorrow morning.

Cydwinder

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 9, 2010
London, UK
If I remember correctly, the spring game counts the same as any other spring practice. If they don’t want to do a full game, why not just do an open practice at JTS?

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
All the people saying someone could get injured in the spring game... that's a dumb argument. They hold an extra practice instead of playing the spring game, and you're just as likely, if not more likely, to be injured in an extra practice as you are in a spring game.

I don't care if we have one or not, but chance of injury is a bad argument.

• Agree
Reactions: Trice