• Winner
Reactions: UNIclonefan

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Transportation advice from a friend who is local to Orlando and a big UCF fan:

"The bowl is right in downtown so not a lot of space. Also, Orlando builds first then worries about transportation and logistics later. Just to give you a heads up. The GPS will more than likely have you take I-4. It's under construction and some of the new exits or exit changes are not showing up on GPS yet. For example, a main exit is Colonial Drive / SR 50. Last Sunday it moved from being a right side exit to left side exit and is 1 mile farther east. Still not showing up on some GPS apps and it's causing a huge mess. So, before you leave the hotel look at the route and the exit street. Look for the sign for the exit street in addition to listening to GPS when you're driving in. Exits and lanes change on a daily basis. There's a few stretches with no lane lines, which makes it even more exciting. One benefit is that it will be way less crowded on Saturday. Also, some of the local roads will close on game days for pedestrian traffic. Getting there the earlier the better."

HappyJoe

Jan 21, 2014
Des Moines
I am staying near downtown. Feel good about getting to the game Saturday either with UBER, free shuttle from downtown or a good old fashioned morning walk. My concern is transportation Friday night from downtown to the pep rally at the convention center. Looks like over 13 miles away. Should we Uber?

Help Support Us

Become a patron