Lineup going forward

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I think Conditt can be a better offensive player as well as rebounder than McKay. McKay had a ton of blocks but also gave up a ton of easy offensive rebounds and was in my opinion one of the weakest links of that team, especially when we got beat by Virginia.

Yeah, Conditt seems to have a better offensive game, Mckay wasnt the same player in 15-16. It didnt seem like he was clicking with the coaching staff and he was playing extremely tentative because we had no depth in the frontcourt when he got in foul trouble.

• Agree
Reactions: moores2

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I think Conditt can be a better offensive player as well as rebounder than McKay. McKay had a ton of blocks but also gave up a ton of easy offensive rebounds and was in my opinion one of the weakest links of that team, especially when we got beat by Virginia.
What’s your thought on Zion’s upside?

Conditt is just in the middle of his sophomore season, so in theory he could surpass McKay, but it’s far from certain. They have similar weaknesses and seem pretty similar imo, particularly if Conditt continues to only play half the game.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
What’s your thought on Zion’s upside?

Conditt is just in the middle of his sophomore season, so in theory he could surpass McKay, but it’s far from certain. They have similar weaknesses and seem pretty similar imo, particularly if Conditt continues to only play half the game.
I have no inside information on any of these guys, just potential. Conditt's guard abilities give him just a chance to be better than McKay. Watching in summer league, it looks like he can shoot it, although definitely doesn't have the green light this time of the year. McKay had no shot though (and Conditt is the better free throw shooter as well).

Zion's athletic ability gives him a lot of upside, but that flat shot won't get him very far. (Almost seems like Prohm didn't have him working on that for a long time which is strange.) Also shot selection hasn't been great so far, but if he can know down a few shots (and I don't like this reference but like we were all saying nooooo Hogue don't shoot it right now and it goes in kind of guy.) Also would help if he felt a little more comfortable off the dribble. His floater we have seen a couple times has been pretty smooth. But right now this offense isn't asking him to do much and his defense leaves a lot to be desired.

blutarsky

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2010
St. Paul, MN
I have no inside information on any of these guys, just potential. Conditt's guard abilities give him just a chance to be better than McKay. Watching in summer league, it looks like he can shoot it, although definitely doesn't have the green light this time of the year. McKay had no shot though (and Conditt is the better free throw shooter as well).

Conditt has the higher ceiling than McKay. Jameel didn't need to be a focal point in either season he played. He was surrounded by NBA talent. All he had to do was rim run and play with energy while providing some sort of rim protection. You could tell in his last season he got a little selfish and ego motivated.

Conditt has a better all around game, but isn't playing in the same system and doesn't have the luxury (at the moment) of being surrounded by talent at all positions. If Conditt can knock down a 3 with any sort of consistency he will be a huge miss match. Before the 3 he needs to work on his post game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron