Lineup going forward

Dingus

May 23, 2013
If you believe the move is to add Conditt into the starting lineup... who are you taking out?

Jacobson. Or young. Take your pick, either way it will be an improvement. Conditt isn’t any worse than those two guarding on the perimeter.

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
I know that we supposedly can't play lewis because he sucks on defense. Well everyone sucked on defense last night. We need shooters.

• Agree
Reactions: hoosman

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
I know that we supposedly can't play lewis because he sucks on defense. Well everyone sucked on defense last night. We need shooters.

Why does everyone assume Lewis will just come in and turn into the next Tyrus Mcthree? What has he done so far in games that proves he's capable of shooting? Because he knocked down 1 three against Iowa? What's his career 3 point %?

I mean I like Lewis but to think anything will change with him in the lineup is wishful thinking.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny

For this team to accomplish anything this year, defense has to be primary. We have to be nasty and rebound (we did the exact opposite on Thursday) I want the ball in the hoop as well, TL can shoot...but it’s not like he creates well of the bounce, couple that with defensive liabilities, not surprising he can’t crack the rotation.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
I think our defense against Iowa was really bad, but it was because they were trying to apply a ton of pressure on the ball handlers. How many times have we picked up guys just inside half court. Sure Nixon made a couple guys pick up there dribble a long ways from the hoop, but this also allows them to get by a defender with one step. That is what happened to our on ball defense.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
But the rest are right on?
I definitely wouldn't mind the rest becoming those players. Imagine Haliburton's assist numbers if you replace a good driving guard with a spot up shooter like Naz. Also, we have seen Jacobson's peak I believe, so there is no hope he becomes Georges.

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
As long as the shooting woes continue, I don't see much value in a 4 guard line-up that doesn't seem to penetrate with much success.

I think Conditt has the most upside, can affect the game more, and is going to keep getting better, and the more he plays, the faster he'll improve. He hustles and runs the floor like a gazzelle. The only real negative I see with him is matching up with big bruisers under the rim, and his shot blocking can help offset some of that.

I like having two bigs at the same time, Solo has a solid mid-range game, and Jacobson can be a beast on the boards. What I don't like is Jacobson feeling like he HAS to score at times...

All three bigs can pass pretty well, and it's easier to pass from the interior out, than vice sersa...

This team is definitely a work in progress. Losing sucks, but I'd rather do it now than later.

Reactions: heitclone

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
As long as the shooting woes continue, I don't see much value in a 4 guard line-up that doesn't seem to penetrate with much success.

I think Conditt has the most upside, can affect the game more, and is going to keep getting better, and the more he plays, the faster he'll improve. He hustles and runs the floor like a gazzelle. The only real negative I see with him is matching up with big bruisers under the rim, and his shot blocking can help offset some of that.

I like having two bigs at the same time, Solo has a solid mid-range game, and Jacobson can be a beast on the boards. What I don't like is Jacobson feeling like he HAS to score at times...

All three bigs can pass pretty well, and it's easier to pass from the interior out, than vice sersa...

This team is definitely a work in progress. Losing sucks, but I'd rather do it now than later.

I don't love the idea of going with 4 guards necessarily but currently, we play big and don't really capitalize on that either. The only thing that has me leaning towards 4 guards is that's something Prohm has has success with in the past and basically what anyone in the program before this year was used to running. I feel the 4 guard lineup is a better fit for the programs identity, which is what this team lacks offensively. It seems like we are trying to do a few different things that don't mesh well because we don't have anything consistent to hang our hat on.

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
So if Conditt gets Big 12 defensive POY that's still not good enough for you? Thats some lofty expectations to hold him to.
I think Conditt can be a better offensive player as well as rebounder than McKay. McKay had a ton of blocks but also gave up a ton of easy offensive rebounds and was in my opinion one of the weakest links of that team, especially when we got beat by Virginia.

• Agree
Reactions: NoCreativity