Bowl Game Pick'em Contest

Would you participate in Bowl Game Confidence Contest?

• Yes

Votes: 55 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 14.1%

• Total voters

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
If I set-up a group on ESPN's Bowl Mania to have a contest where you select the winner of each bowl game and set a confidence point total to each game would people be interested in participating?

It's no cost. Free, and it is just for "pride"/Braggin' Rights.

Update:

I went ahead and set-up the Group.. First set of games is Friday, Dec. 20th so be sure to at least get those picks and confidence points set by that date for those games.

Please try to use your Cyclone Fanatic username (ex. for me it is BigJCy) as the "entry name" for your sheet so that way it's easier to keep track of who's who.

You can join here (name of the group is Cy Fanatic):

http://fantasy.espn.com/college-bowl-mania/2019/en/group?groupID=252249#

Lets have a lot of people join in on the fun!

Preciate you for setting this up. Don't know if you guys are anything like me, but I'll watch, or attempt to watch, every game. Will probably post on here during games and might do a running blog if that's something you guys are interested in!

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Preciate you for setting this up. Don't know if you guys are anything like me, but I'll watch, or attempt to watch, every game. Will probably post on here during games and might do a running blog if that's something you guys are interested in!
No problem, yeah I'm one of the wackos that will watch most of these games as well.

We currently have 42 signed up, lets at least get to 50! Friday at 1 pm Central is the 1st game.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Connor_Ferguson

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
I'll tweet it out once or twice more Thursday and Friday.

Would you guys want a separate thread to talk about the games or just post stuff in here?

Also, I'm posting a pdf that I make every year with some extra info and TV stuff along with a spot to write in your points on the side.

Attachments

• 2019 Bowl Chart.pdf
    59.9 KB · Views: 7

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Last edited:

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
44 signed up, looks like there are 4 guys that still haven't set any of their picks yet.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
@ChrisMWilliams Please post your entries so that we can compete with your picks on the bowl betting bonanza podcast. :cool:

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I’m in (stealyourcyclone) and I had a friend join that is not on here. Hope you guys don’t mind, I wanted to set up one with pool but could only get one so I had him join to track our points. $50 head to head.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I’m in (stealyourcyclone) and I had a friend join that is not on here. Hope you guys don’t mind, I wanted to set up one with pool but could only get one so I had him join to track our points. $50 head to head.
No problem, the more the merrier.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
No problem, the more the merrier.
I mean, it's not like it's exclusive...there are Hawkeyes in it. ;) :p

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
With less than an hour to the 1st Kickoff it appears these entries still have yet to make any of their picks:

@cyclones500
@IsUaClone2
@RogerQC
@CPKClone
@JaMo
@ESPNFAN1739154796

I have two entries set up in the system (inadvertently). One is unfilled, the other has all 41 ... do I need to delete the one that's irrelevant?

Let me know if you see two separate entries for me, or if I need to fix something. If necessary I can transfer the pics from what I see as the complete one into the unfinished entry.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I have two entries set up in the system (inadvertently). One is unfilled, the other has all 41 ... do I need to delete the one that's irrelevant?

Let me know if you see two separate entries for me, or if I need to fix something. If necessary I can transfer the pics from what I see as the complete one into the unfinished entry.
I only see 1 entry for you and it's the one that doesn't have any picks made. I think you should be able to leave the group with that entry and then join the group with the entry that you have all your picks made. That would probably be the easiest way to do it. That or just copy all of your picks into the current entry.