Bowl Game Pick'em Contest

Would you participate in Bowl Game Confidence Contest?

• Yes

Votes: 55 85.9%
  • No

Votes: 9 14.1%

• Total voters

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I just wanted to come back and gloat a bit. I never really do this, because I never really know what to think about half the games. Somehow I won the whole thing. We will see if I can be anywhere near as good next year.

• Winner
Reactions: Cycsk

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I just wanted to come back and gloat a bit. I never really do this, because I never really know what to think about half the games. Somehow I won the whole thing. We will see if I can be anywhere near as good next year.
I'm an idiot. Thought the 2 people behind me would pick Ohio State (figuring I'd pick Bama) to try to catch up and you all picked Bama. DOH!

Also thought the Buckeyes had a fairly good chance of winning...which obviously wasn't the case.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I'm an idiot. Thought the 2 people behind me would pick Ohio State (figuring I'd pick Bama) to try to catch up and you all picked Bama. DOH!

Also thought the Buckeyes had a fairly good chance of winning...which obviously wasn't the case.
I was trying to figure out how to game it and I just decided to leave it and stick with my gut.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
A guy at CBS did a ranking of bowls from least to most watchable. Fiesta Bowl made it at #7. Some crazy notes from these bowl games. First teams that scored went 21-4.

There were a grand total of 14 lead changes in 25 games. And those lead changes were limited to only six of the games with 11 lead changes in just three games!

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Same with me. I was over confident though in Clemson over Ohio State. I’ll take second any day. Congratulations.

Reactions: Urbandale2013

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
From the writer above take on Fiesta Bowl

Iowa State then scored again to make it 21-14, but it was at this moment that Iowa State coach Matt Campbell decided to be selfish and win the game instead of allowing the rest of us to enjoy it.

The Cyclones attempted a short pooch kick that caught Oregon off-guard, and the Cyclones recovered it at the Oregon 27. They'd score a few plays later to make it 28-14, and that was pretty much the end.

Reactions: Cycsk

Cyburbbalz

Dec 14, 2019
From the writer above take on Fiesta Bowl

Iowa State then scored again to make it 21-14, but it was at this moment that Iowa State coach Matt Campbell decided to be selfish and win the game instead of allowing the rest of us to enjoy it.

The Cyclones attempted a short pooch kick that caught Oregon off-guard, and the Cyclones recovered it at the Oregon 27. They'd score a few plays later to make it 28-14, and that was pretty much the end.
The writer could not have been more accurate. I remember watching the 3rd quarter and saying that if I wasn't a fan of either team I probably couldn't have watched.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Time for your on-field interview. "Now that you have won the prestigious CF bowl pick 'em game, tell us how you did it? What was your strategy? How can low-end players like Cycsk improve their chances next year?"

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron