***Camping World Bowl Accommodations Thread***

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
How is everyone planning getting to the game if staying farther away? Uber/Lyft? Driving and parking in crowded situations like that stresses me out so I booked a hotel downtown for now but would love something cheaper and in an area with more fellow Cyclone fans.

Haven't really thought about it yet. I'm about 10 miles out and don't plan on a rental car or something. Will probably be asking at the hotel. I am guessing Uber peak pricing will be crazy high. So far I am traveling solo so might be able to bum a ride if I buy somebody drinks Friday night.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Anyone hear if CIT will be chartering any busses like they did last year?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Hotel de Cocoanut has vacancys.

1.jpg

Reactions: jcyclonee

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Haven't really thought about it yet. I'm about 10 miles out and don't plan on a rental car or something. Will probably be asking at the hotel. I am guessing Uber peak pricing will be crazy high. So far I am traveling solo so might be able to bum a ride if I buy somebody drinks Friday night.
This is what we are trying to figure out as well. We are staying at the La Quinta which is about 5 miles out. I got a rental car when I booked my flight but just not sure if that's the best way to go about it. It was 350 for the car but not sure if that's worth it since we would have to worry about parking anyways when we get down town.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Anyone hear if CIT will be chartering any busses like they did last year?
For anyone who cares, I called them a bit ago and they said were in the process of contacting the right people to see if they can provide this service again. They hoped to know today.

geek4cy

Jan 25, 2007
Des Moines, IA
The website for the bowl game shows that they are running free shuttles from downtown to the stadium before and after the game. They recommend parking on surface lots or parking garages downtown, then take the free shuttle to the game.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I think Sunday the 29th I'm heading to Kennedy Space Center and Coca Beach before we head back that evening.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
Sunday the 29th we are heading to St. Augustine, my sis-in-law lives in the area and says it is awesome. On our way home we are driving through Georgia and wanting to hit up Walking Dead filming locations etc...

iastatehunter

Jul 28, 2013
Not going to the game but was in Orlando over the 4th of July and stayed at the Best Western Orlando Gateway Hotel and would not recommend it if anyone was considering. Rooms had a weird chemical smell (from the air conditioner) and the floors would "leak" water due to the humidity (cheap laminate).

Was a 5 minute drive to Universal if that interests you but not worth it IMO.

tolfbfan

Nov 29, 2015
Ohio
I've heard conflicting locations on where team is staying. Anyone know for sure?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron