*** Official #16 Seton Hall vs IOWA STATE Game(Day) Thread ***

HoustonClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Nice win! This team is limited talent wise offensively, and very frustrating to watch a lot of the time on that end, but fun to watch overall because of the constant hustle. Defensively I love the way they play. Going to be fun watching this team grow as the season plays on. Tonight was a huge win. Conditt is easily the best big man and needs to be starting.

Agreed, although I think our offense gets better once Jackson and Grill get more comfortable with increased experience. Nixon may not shoot for a better percentage, but I'd bet those two do.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
If this team gets 9 conference wins, it means that the conference is WAY DOWN this year. Everyone needs to take the rose-colored glasses off, it's a rebuilding year. NIT or bust.

You need to pull your head out of your ass. This is a decent but different team than we are used to.

Another ******* coward fan - beat the 16th ranked team by double digits and pissing in everyone's cheerios just for the hope they can say I told you so later on.

Go back and root for what ever community college you were excited about before starting to post on here again.

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
Nice win! This team is limited talent wise offensively, and very frustrating to watch a lot of the time on that end, but fun to watch overall because of the constant hustle. Defensively I love the way they play. Going to be fun watching this team grow as the season plays on. Tonight was a huge win. Conditt is easily the best big man and needs to be starting.

The offense was hard to watch for long stretches, especially in the first half. But, the Cyclones do have the makings of a competent offense between the high pick and roll w/Conditt, Rasir Bolton running downhill to the rim (BTW: he had 17 pts to night and 8/10 on FTs) and Hali doing Hali things. If the other guys getting regular minutes can just find a role and not be bad (plus hit just a few more 3's), this team could be interesting offensively.

Reactions: coolmooinlou

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I would have never imagined we would score this much after that first half.
Totally agree. Our point total about midway thru the 1st half had me thinking we'd be lucky to score 40. Hopefully we play that well defensively against the Hoks & shoot like we did against 'Bama.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
With our shooting issues persisting this team will have to win ugly. Tonight was a good example of that.

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
If this team gets 9 conference wins, it means that the conference is WAY DOWN this year. Everyone needs to take the rose-colored glasses off, it's a rebuilding year. NIT or bust.
Lay off the hot toddys and get some rest.

iowastatefan1929

Oct 26, 2006
if i hear steve say we need to play fast again i going to email jp
slow it down
take good shots
run on defensive turnover etc
pick and roll them to death
stevie needs to keep the fire in his eyes

• Dislike
Reactions: CyPunch and bawbie

CentexCyclone

Oct 20, 2015
For as much as that 1st 12 minutes to start the game was excruciating to watch (offensively), that has to be one of the best defensive performances I have seen from an ISU team since the Fizer-Tinsley (et al) days! Nixon drives me crazy with his offense - but, man, HE CAN DEFEND!!! I even thought Grill and Jackson looked great defensively. Really need those guys to step up offensively!

Props to Nixon for his defense on Miles Powell. While Powell did have 19 pts tonight, it was on a very inefficient 7/20 shooting night. Combine that w/the Clones surprisingly good defensive rebounding performance, there's not much oxygen left in the room for the rest of SH's scorers and that's the ball game.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
giphy.gif

Hopefully this sets the course for the rest of the season. So far it hasn't been easy for the home team.

• Agree
Reactions: CoKane

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron