Help! I'm Fat - *** Official Exercise and Weight Thread ***

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
I just want to point out that the arsehole who posted has exactly all the wrong ideas about how obesity and weight loss work, not that anyone is shocked. Weight loss isn't about willpower. People who fall off a diet wagon are not weak or lacking willpower and thinking about it in those terms is a terrible practice. Dieting often puts you at odds with your biological drive and guess who usually wins.

Back to regular programming.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Sadly I weighed myself this morning and was still the same weight as last time I weighed myself (Nov. 25)
At least I hadn't gained. :(

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Considering that one of the holidays most associated with over-consumption was during that week I think you should take that as a win.

Let it be written, let it be done.

Yeah, I think just maintaining the weight through the Thanksgiving weekend is a win.

SouthernCy

Sep 8, 2019
I stayed away from opening this thread for a long time out of fear of seeing people shred someone who reached out for help and accountability. But ya'll have restored some faith. This is the type of content and interaction people need to have with each other more regularly. Proud of everyone and the weight loss so far. Keep up the great work everyone!

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I stayed away from opening this thread for a long time out of fear of seeing people shred someone who reached out for help and accountability. But ya'll have restored some faith. This is the type of content and interaction people need to have with each other more regularly. Proud of everyone and the weight loss so far. Keep up the great work everyone!
GTFO of our thread, skinny!

;)

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
FYI. I'm posting my photo tonight. I'm embarrassed to say I went off the rails on Thanksgiving, nonetheless, I'll post tonight

The solution is to marry a real rat bastard symbol of the white patriarchy and have that ******* get you a Peloton for Christmas.

Blackhawk6515

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 21, 2008
On a serious note, I've gained some weight due to a depression episode. I'm starting my program to lose 10 to 15 pounds. Hope people in here are doing well on their weight loss goals.

In a couple weeks I'm gonna post a before and after so I keep myself accountable.

I'm sorry to hear about your depression. I hope your getting professional help. I know and understand how this feels. It is awful and can ruin your life if you let it. Prayers to you. Just know your not the only one out there that has depression issues.I'm pulling for you.Take care of your self, for you and your loved ones.

• Friendly
Reactions: Cy$

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
I'm sorry to hear about your depression. I hope your getting professional help. I know and understand how this feels. It is awful and can ruin your life if you let it. Prayers to you. Just know your not the only one out there that has depression issues.I'm pulling for you.Take care of your self, for you and your loved ones.

Thanks for the kind words. I have gotten help and so far it's helping me feel better. I was pretty active before breaking my ankle and the depression hitting me. Exercise for me helped a lot with feeling happy back then but have lost motivation due to what's happened this past year.

I've only had 3 days with my new workout program but it's helping already.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
FYI. I'm posting my photo tonight. I'm embarrassed to say I went off the rails on Thanksgiving, nonetheless, I'll post tonight

Holidays are tough. Get back on the horse.

Yes as we've all said this is a long process of making sustainable changes. Just because you have a bad weekend doesn't make it hopeless. You just go back to what was working and keep at it.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Down 18 since November 1st. Work is killing me with these gift baskets though.

Since focusing on my health starting a few years ago, I've become pretty agitated at how many things people do that promote unhealthy things.

Work has groups that bring in bad food for snacks, gas stations have sales/deals for donuts etc.

It's a choice to partake, but still.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Same. Was pretty disciplined with the food but I hit the bourbon and the dark beers way too hard.

I switched to light beer starting this summer and was surprised at how much better I felt the next day, and a few days after.