All Iowa Football Team---Post Bowl Edition

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Ohio State

I would argue LSU by far. LSU has played Auburn and Florida and to a lesser extent Texas. Two games where they possibly could have lost. OSU really hasn't played any teams of that caliber yet.

That is the flaw with SOS rankings in my mind. You gain a bunch of rankings by beating teams ranked 60-80 as opposed to 80-120 when in reality none of those teams have a chance to beat a team like LSU and OSU this year.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I would argue LSU by far. LSU has played Auburn and Florida and to a lesser extent Texas. Two games where they possibly could have lost. OSU really hasn't played any teams of that caliber yet.

That is the flaw with SOS rankings in my mind. You gain a bunch of rankings by beating teams ranked 60-80 as opposed to 80-120 when in reality none of those teams have a chance to beat a team like LSU and OSU this year.
Lets try and keep this thread on topic.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny

So who would start on ISU's offense from Iowa besides Wirfs and Jackson?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Had to laugh at a hawk fan on FB complain about Stanley. "6'4", 245 lbs and he can't lower his shoulder and get two yards. We all know he doesn't have any type of speed to roll out.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
I need to see Purdy play well against a good defense and see how he performs without Butler. Just because he racked up good stats throwing jump balls to an NFL WR against some of the worst defenses in college football doesn’t really mean a whole lot to me.

Hi CP84!

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Need to see what Purdy can do without Montgomery and Butler. I think Iowa State’s offense next year is going to be pretty awful so we will see if Purdy can take a step forward or if he will regress without those two guys.

Pretty awful lol

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The Davey O'Brien Semifinalist list just came out.. There is one quarterback from the state of Iowa that made the cut. I'll let everyone here decide who that might be.

Reactions: CyTwins

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
What was everyone's thoughts about going for two last week? I can see it both ways and think it is a coin flip decision. ISU had all the momentum and I feel OT was the best choice at that point. But you were also huge underedogs on the road so I can see why you would go for two.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
What was everyone's thoughts about going for two last week? I can see it both ways and think it is a coin flip decision. ISU had all the momentum and I feel OT was the best choice at that point. But you were also huge underedogs on the road so I can see why you would go for two.

Loved the call