STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Can't wait to hear the Hok fan spin on that one. "He really wanted to go to Iowa and he only picked ISU because he had no other options."
Agreed. Trying argue your way out of that one is just not gonna end well for you.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Have you ever considered that the real "Fran" is the one on the court screaming at officials, throwing chairs, and kicking laptops.... and the fake "Fran" is the one that is nice to people at donor events where you HAVE to be nice to people?
Yes. I was just repeating what my co-worker said. When he relayed that info to me I was thinking the exact thing you typed, but never called him out on it.

• Informative
Reactions: aobie

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Chris gets it

Maybe this will turn the tide for ISU to start to get highly ranked in-state recruits (especially those who grew up Hok fans). Over a large time period, typical hok fans have been conditioned - always assuming that they will get the pick of the litter of the best in-state recruits if said recruit had Iowa ties/were hok fans (Uthoff, Weiskamp, etc). With a second recruiting loss in a row (Carton and, now, XF), perhaps we are starting to see some cracks in the foundation of Hok arrogance. (I know, optimistic post is optimistic).

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
If the Hawks win next month I’ll be an arrogant sob

200.webp

• Funny
Reactions: dexterhawk

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
Can’t argue with the kids reasoning to be honest.

I think he’ll be a good one. Probably take a bit to develop but he’ll be a great backup to Condit starting out. Seems like an unselfish type player that’ll probably be a immediate help on D start with.
Wish the Hawks landed him
The same was true during the Rhoads era in regards to FB recruiting (ESPECIALLY in regards to TEs, OL, DL and defensive players in general). You couldn't really argue with a FB player's reasoning for going to Iowa. And many of those players would have been great to have as Cyclones - just not sure that they would have been as well-developed under our previous regime.