STAFF PICKS: Xavier Foster

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I guess we knew why XF went to Iowa City on Friday --

He was not sure himself. Just trying to have every possible data point he had. I guess you could almost call it saying goodbye to being an Iowa fan, too.

That was probably the last chance he would have in his life to be one.

Then XF watched the game and realized the team and saw nothing has changed. Fran blowing up 4 minutes into the game, awkward offensive sets, below par guard play and odd roster rotations.

The better fit is ISU, and though I think he already decided by Friday it probably reinforced that he was making the right decision to be a Cyclone.

• Agree
Reactions: ATCy

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Prohm at 9:30 AM today:

chapstick-GIF-downsized_large.gif

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Then XF watched the game and realized the team and saw nothing has changed. Fran blowing up 4 minutes into the game, awkward offensive sets, below par guard play and odd roster rotations.

The better fit is ISU, and though I think he already decided by Friday it probably reinforced that he was making the right decision to be a Cyclone.

I guess you could also interpret it as him giving Iowa one last chance to win him. You love places, things, and institutions like you do family -- they help define you, they provide meaning for you in life, and you become part of them yourself.

If Xavier really grew up a Hawkeye fan in a Hawkeye family with a grandfather that played for the black and gold, then leaving that all behind... and considering the nature of the rivalry, basically forsaking it... was not easy. I feel for the young man for that. Taking one last trip to Iowa City to give Iowa one last chance to change your mind, even if you know and feel that Iowa State's program, players, coaches, and its stronger links to the NBA are the better fit for you... I cannot blame him for it. It can be "win me" and "goodbye" at once.

I guess he might have been giving Iowa one last chance to win him over but, at the same time, I guess you could say it was kind of a wistful goodbye. The reports of him just walking around and taking it in sound like somebody thinking pretty deeply about a huge decision and/or trying to savor it before it is gone and no longer part of his life.

When I finished school and left Iowa to take my first real job, I cried twice driving to Boston. Once at the end of the driveway to the home I'd lived all of my 22 years, and again when I crossed the I-280 bridge leaving Iowa, knowing I would never come back the same person again. Leaving something like that which defines you behind is hard.

ForeverIowan

Feb 23, 2013
I guess you could also interpret it as him giving Iowa one last chance to win him. You love places, things, and institutions like you do family -- they help define you, they provide meaning for you in life, and you become part of them yourself.

If Xavier really grew up a Hawkeye fan in a Hawkeye family with a grandfather that played for the black and gold, then leaving that all behind... and considering the nature of the rivalry, basically forsaking it... was not easy. I feel for the young man for that. Taking one last trip to Iowa City to give Iowa one last chance to change your mind, even if you know and feel that Iowa State's program, players, coaches, and its stronger links to the NBA are the better fit for you... I cannot blame him for it. It can be "win me" and "goodbye" at once.

I guess he might have been giving Iowa one last chance to win him over but, at the same time, I guess you could say it was kind of a wistful goodbye. The reports of him just walking around and taking it in sound like somebody thinking pretty deeply about a huge decision and/or trying to savor it before it is gone and no longer part of his life.

Damn man that's deep. Probably correct too. Found it pretty dang strange when I heard he was pretty much walking laps of the concourse during the game.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Damn man that's deep. Probably correct too. Found it pretty dang strange when I heard he was pretty much walking laps of the concourse during the game.

I do think XF genuinely likes both ISU and EIU programs and obviously has envisioned wearing both jerseys for years now (Iowa longer due to his family connections and fandom). Making the decision knowing 50% of the state is going to celebrate/dissapoint is a huge decision for any person let alone a 18 year old.
Xavier was right to take his time and analyze all the options, and rightfully chose ISU as the best place for him to play and hopefully make it to the next level.

CoachHines3

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 29, 2019
I do think XF genuinely likes both ISU and EIU programs and obviously has envisioned wearing both jerseys for years now (Iowa longer due to his family connections and fandom). Making the decision knowing 50% of the state is going to celebrate/dissapoint is a huge decision for any person let alone a 18 year old.
Xavier was right to take his time and analyze all the options, and rightfully chose ISU as the best place for him to play and hopefully make it to the next level.

more like 75/25 in fav or ISU.

we have more grads :D

• Winner
Reactions: LLCoolCY

CySmitty

Jan 3, 2008
Longmont, CO
I learned two things during this

1. I hate hats

2. I think he went the Iowa game and had fun and gave them chance but hadnt made up his mind. Not trolling but thats how it came off. Which is awesome.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

He probably could have walked the full length of just about any row of seats too.

Maybe he should have walked around and sat in all the seats he had sat in from when he was little since they were available.

Wonder if he went down and sat a while behind the Iowa bench.

Maybe he could have taken a nap across a few seats. 7 feet. That's what, 6 consecutive unfilled seats?

This feels like a GTO post.

Iowa doesn't have very many fans at games.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
I see his last trip to Iowa City kinda like that last date with your HS girlfirend...you're trying to recapture that lost spark one more time, you're reminiscing about how it used to be, wondering what it could have been... all the while knowing in the back of your mind that it's over... that it can never be how it was, that you've grown up... and that it's time to move on to better things.

But you still wanna bone her one last time.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Most of us are much more interested in teachers having sex with students. Not getting ****** by their own irrational bias and their fathers...
Who knows, maybe that's why she mad... XF told her no.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron