Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
From the regular email. (No rain-closed lots!)
GAMEDAY INFO - Iowa State vs. Oklahoma State
PARKING LOTS
Donor parking lots open at 7 a.m. on Saturday. Public parking lots open at 8:30 a.m. For donor and public parking information click here.

FLYOVER
Prior to Saturday’s game members of the Iowa Air National Guards 185th Air Refueling Wing from Sioux City will perform a flyover in a KC-135R Stratotanker.

SPECIAL OLYMPICS
The Iowa State Athletics Department and Special Olympics Iowa, with the help of some amazing athletes and dozens of volunteers from Wells Fargo and Sammons Financial Group, will be stationed at each entrance to Jack Trice Stadium collecting donations for Special Olympics. The money raised will improve the lives of Iowans with intellectual disabilities. Drop off a donation on your way to cheering the Cyclones to victory!

FREE ADMISSION TO VOLLEYBALL MATCH
Iowa State volleyball hosts K-State this Saturday at 8 p.m. at Hilton Coliseum. Admission is FREE when you show your football ticket stub from the Oklahoma State game at the doors.

CYCLONE SPIRIT WALK
Meet the Cyclone football team as they arrive at the stadium at Noon on Saturday at the NW side of Jack Trice Stadium. View map here.

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
giphy.gif

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
And now there’s the announcement of very limited public parking in grass lots. Wonder why it took until this afternoon to decide the moisture content of those areas. Sigh.

IAC1858

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2008
Ankeny, IA
How do the golf cart shuttles work in the tailgate lots? I haven't used them yet this season, but have someone in our party that will need them to get around the lots.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
How do the golf cart shuttles work in the tailgate lots? I haven't used them yet this season, but have someone in our party that will need them to get around the lots.

Pay close attention to the parking map. Very limited pickup points. If I were you, I would try to get one of the parking people with a radio to get a supervisor to help arrange a ride.

Sparkplug

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Central Iowa

The golf cart shuttles do not come to the parking lots. They are inside the stadium only. The map is for the tractor pulled shuttle stops

I’ve been updated- see message below

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Disagree
Reactions: Cycsk and keepngoal

IAC1858

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2008
Ankeny, IA
The golf cart shuttles do not come to the parking lots. They are inside the stadium only. The map is for the tractor pulled shuttle stops

The stars used to be where the tractors would stop, but they do not have the tractors any longer. I don't know exactly why, but large golf carts have replaced them for external transportation around Jack Trice.

South_16th_Football_Traffic_Patterns.jpg

• Informative
  • Agree
Reactions: Cycsk and Sparkplug

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
And now there’s the announcement of very limited public parking in grass lots. Wonder why it took until this afternoon to decide the moisture content of those areas. Sigh.
Can you expand on this? I was searching the web for info on the grass lots and missed any announcements.

Ms3r4ISU

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Can you expand on this? I was searching the web for info on the grass lots and missed any announcements.

Saw it on Twitter yesterday. Hopefully you can see it here

EIClone

Nov 21, 2011
Solon
Upon getting to Ames today, I understand the lack of parking in a lot of the grass lots. There are quite a few standing water spots in the low lying public lots. Ground is pretty saturated so nothing soaking in or running off.

The ditches between the paved donor lots even have standing water. At least no rain forecasted for the game.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron