Top 25 results

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Everyone in that division has looked pedestrian at times. Gun to my head I would probably take the Gophers over Iowa right now.

And early season struggles come from losing a QB to injury in the offseason. They have beaten everyone they were supposed to beat, and by a big margin in big 10 play.
Gun to my head and there is no way I can’t take Iowa in Kinnick. Minnesota historically doesn’t even ever play well there. Also, the wins by big margins have been to Rutgers, Illinois, and Nebraska, who are all far worse than pedestrian. They also played a tight game with Purdue who has also show to be awful this year.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016
They will beat Northwestern this weekend who is even worse than Purdue. I’m also not convinced Minnesota is much more than NW, Purdue, Maryland types this year.

We shall see. Is Minnesota having the season you envisioned for Nebraska?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Minnesota is undefeated. Granted their schedule has been a cake walk thus far, but they still have wins over power 5 football teams. They deserve to be ranked until proven otherwise.

I don't really have an issue with Minnesota being ranked 20-25 but to see them falling up hill because other teams are losing just emphasizes how dumb the AP and Coaches polls are. At some point they have to beat a team with a pulse in order to move up. Hell, analytics alone puts Iowa State way ahead of Minnesota. It will be fun watching the AP poll magically correct itself in a couple of weeks when the playoff poll comes out.