Top 25 results

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
So calling the whole ISU fanbase stupid and using a couple posts to represent the whole fanbase makes sense to you? Ok.

Obviously it is not the entire fan base. But it is a significant number of fans on this site that do this type of thing. It's like everyone wants to pretend they are so completely unbiased that they will unnecessarily bash our own team. Part of being a good program is realizing that not every setback is a setback right to the beginning.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
So calling the whole ISU fanbase stupid and using a couple posts to represent the whole fanbase makes sense to you? Ok.

Not all stupid and not entire fanbase, the most objective data suggests we are 15-25 range.

I don't get going out of one's way to suggest the team is worse than what data metrics show.

Last edited:

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
If the playoff poll was released this week Iowa State would be inside the top 20 and flirting with top 15. The human element of the coaches and AP polls is significant. We would also be ahead of Iowa.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
Clemson falls behind Ohio State, proving that size matters (size of victory, that is). Sports are supposed to be all about good sportsmanship. But how can you be a good sport and yet run up 52 points on a team that only scores 3? But yet you have to score the 52 points to move up in the poll. So I guess it's stating the obvious, but sportsmanship takes a back seat to improving your ranking every time.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Any poll that has the word coach in it should be printed out and used to wipe your ass. Sure it might give you a nasty paper cut on your bung hole but you'll have the satisfaction of showing the proper attention that should be given to such trash.

I am sure the student assistant that votes on behalf of the coach is actually spending a lot of time thinking about who should get votes. :rolleyes:

• Agree
Reactions: isuclone89

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Clemson falls behind Ohio State, proving that size matters (size of victory, that is). Sports are supposed to be all about good sportsmanship. But how can you be a good sport and yet run up 52 points on a team that only scores 3? But yet you have to score the 52 points to move up in the poll. So I guess it's stating the obvious, but sportsmanship takes a back seat to improving your ranking every time.
Well, either that or the voters saw that Trevor Lawrence had a bad game, and Justin Fields didn’t. Some people may look at more than the score to form their opinions. Just a chance.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If there were no polls released until after 4 weeks of games.... would Michigan be ranked right now? Barely beat Army in OT, got destroyed by Wisky.... couldn't score at all against Iowa, etc. Not real impressive.

So should ISU be ranked? Barely beat UNI (who's 4-3), couldn't score on Iowa, has only beaten teams that really aren't very good.

Michigan actually looked pretty decent last night, and I'm not sure they're worse than any of the 6 teams below them in the polls.

Polls look OK to me. Weird that TCU isn't better this season.

Reactions: HFCS

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I got a few correct or within 1, several I was multiple spots off. I didn't drop ASU as far as AP voters did; Wake got in and I had that out of T25, I had chosen Memphis (actual: 26th).

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
Good, we deserve to be ranked. We honestly deserve to be higher than Iowa, Boise State, and Minnesota as well.

Minnesota is undefeated. Granted their schedule has been a cake walk thus far, but they still have wins over power 5 football teams. They deserve to be ranked until proven otherwise.

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
Minnesota is undefeated. Granted their schedule has been a cake walk thus far, but they still have wins over power 5 football teams. They deserve to be ranked until proven otherwise.
According to Sagarin the best team Minnesota has played is Fresno State and they sit at 55 with a 3-3 record. Minnesota better enjoy being 8-0 after they beat Maryland next week cause they are 100% losing to Penn State, Iowa, and Wisconsin.

• Winner
Reactions: isufbcurt

moores2

Nov 9, 2018
According to Sagarin the best team Minnesota has played is Fresno State and they sit at 55 with a 3-3 record. Minnesota better enjoy being 8-0 after they beat Maryland next week cause they are 100% losing to Penn State, Iowa, and Wisconsin.

Everyone in that division has looked pedestrian at times. Gun to my head I would probably take the Gophers over Iowa right now.

And early season struggles come from losing a QB to injury in the offseason. They have beaten everyone they were supposed to beat, and by a big margin in big 10 play.

• Agree
Reactions: BoxsterCy