Oklahoma State kickoff time

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
oh God not the Gene Chizik flashbacks
The further we get from it, I am more and more
surprised the Gene Chizik era ever happened. It’s your all grown up now and living a good wholesome life but like you had some brief relationship back in college that was never going to end well and both of you were never meant to be together but damn the sex was really good. Kinda kinky, but good and you don’t wanna tell anyone now it ever happened because they just don’t need to know.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
surprised the Gene Chizik era ever happened. It’s your all grown up now and living a good wholesome life but like you had some brief relationship back in college that was never going to end well and both of you were never meant to be together but damn the sex was really good. Kinda kinky, but good and you don’t wanna tell anyone now it ever happened because they just don’t need to know.
I'm trying to remember what about the short lived Chizik era that would have been considered really good.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I'm trying to remember what about the short lived Chizik era that would have been considered really good.
The high caliber recruits he brought in for Rhoads' first few years. Rhoads takes us to 3 bowl games in 4 years (a botched fake PAT from 4 for 4) with said players and fires up ISU's fanbase. Matt Campbell sees said fired up fanbase as Toledo's head coach. Campbell to ISU 15 months later.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

You bought his coin didn’t you?

every_yard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2006
I would assume ESPN would know us and OSU will be a much better game than OU-KSU but maybe not

Which may lead to them putting it at 11:00 so it’s not going up against other night games. This is the main reason FOX started putting their main game at 11:00. Each network will want some main games at each time slot.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
The high caliber recruits he brought in for Rhoads' first few years. Rhoads takes us to 3 bowl games in 4 years (a botched fake PAT from 4 for 4) with said players and fires up ISU's fanbase. Matt Campbell sees said fired up fanbase as Toledo's head coach. Campbell to ISU 15 months later.
The recruits story is funny. I was at an early CF party at the keg stand and someone told Wally that we are only going to a bowl game because of Chiz’s players. Wally got fired up and cussed him out, and we had to pull Wally over to our table to calm him down. Asked if we could buy him a drink and he said “yeah, a cranberry vodka. Yeah, I like those does that make me a ***** (rhymes with wussy)?!?” We had to calm him down again.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The recruits story is funny. I was at an early CF party at the keg stand and someone told Wally that we are only going to a bowl game because of Chiz’s players. Wally got fired up and cussed him out, and we had to pull Wally over to our table to calm him down. Asked if we could buy him a drink and he said “yeah, a cranberry vodka. Yeah, I like those does that make me a ***** (rhymes with wussy)?!?” We had to calm him down again.

That's no appropriate for someone to say that to a coach...but they weren't wrong.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
You bought his coin didn’t you?
giphy.gif

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
I would assume ESPN would know us and OSU will be a much better game than OU-KSU but maybe not
OU is a national draw. With Hurts, and being undefeated, they're probably only behind Bama, Clemson, Notre Dame, and Ohio St. Except for maybe WVU or KU, it doesn't matter who they're playing, if they can get Jalen Hurts on in primetime, they will.