*** Official IOWA STATE VS Baylor Game(Day) Thread ***

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
you do know as you get gassed, which can be contributed to the heat, fundamentals start to suffer

Yes. Well aware of that.

My question is whether or not that fundamentals were established very well to begin with.

Iowa won the game because they were more fundamentally sound and UNI very well could have as well.

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
Running backs and TE’s in the flats have been open since the first drive of the football game. Glad Purdy finally saw that, and Lang could’ve moonwalked into the end zone. Now the defense needs to push through the heat and fatigue and get a turnover.

• Agree
Reactions: SECyclone

tim_redd

Mar 29, 2006
Ankeny
I think it was a designed play with Lang as an outlet to dump the ball off if nothing was open - which is exactly what happened. Baylor's the one that screwed up, giving him a quarter of an acre of open field.
Yeah, he was the check down option. Purdy looked at him real late.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneVet

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
Thank god Johnny Lang caught that ball. Those wide open looks get botched sometimes since the receiver can’t believe they’re so wide open.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
I think it was a designed play with Lang as an outlet to dump the ball off if nothing was open - which is exactly what happened. Baylor's the one that screwed up, giving him a quarter of an acre of open field.

It was a great play and Purdy sold it perfectly. Could have thrown it a little earlier for me, but hey it worked.

Help Support Us

Become a patron