Some Recent Sport Performance Center and North Endzone Renderings (9/19)

BBHMagic

Oct 15, 2009
I'm not. The hillside and the wall will give it (supposed to) the appearance and effect of being bowled in without traditional seating.

Yeah the hillside already look fine on gameday because they're full of people. It'll look great when they are bowled in and don't just fade away to the north like they do now.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah the hillside already look fine on gameday because they're full of people. It'll look great when they are bowled in and don't just fade away to the north like they do now.

Adding my some sort to level them some will also make the seats better overall, but slightly fewer.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
View attachment 67168
And the policy going forward will be: "NO ONE LEAVE THEIR SEATS UNTIL THE IOWA BAND LEAVES THE STADIUM." (/Jimlad)

I don't have renderings, but i hear we'll be sticking them in the upper deck and making them take one of those inflatable slides they have on airplanes off the back of the stadium when they leave.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
I don't have renderings, but i hear we'll be sticking them in the upper deck and making them take one of those inflatable slides they have on airplanes off the back of the stadium when they leave.

I thought they were each getting one of these?

big-air-inflatable-human-bubble-ball-inflatable.jpg

• Creative
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Right into the Skunk River where they belong.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
So those pics from inside the new facility.... I assume those would be from the top level of the new facility?

On gamedays I assume the big donors could go up there and eat and drink, etc?? Or maybe recruits and their families?

When it's not gameday though, would it be an area for the players to hang out or what? I'm just trying to figure out what that space would be used for?

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
So those pics from inside the new facility.... I assume those would be from the top level of the new facility?

On gamedays I assume the big donors could go up there and eat and drink, etc?? Or maybe recruits and their families?

When it's not gameday though, would it be an area for the players to hang out or what? I'm just trying to figure out what that space would be used for?

The upper room is the Athletic learning center - where student athletes will have their study table. The floor below that will be the athletic cafeteria/training table.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Like it. They are shining the turd that is the Jacobson building roof probably as best they could. It almost looks like an alien ship in its hanger.

As far as I'm concerned they can tear that thing down. It was a nice addition in 1996 but it's just a weird fit now. And who knows, maybe there's a long-term plan to truly bowl in the NEZ and take that building out years down the road if the program continues its growth.

will the hills be turf or grass?

I know this is said in jest, but I'm quite sure that people who sit on the hillside wouldn't be unhappy with some kind of artificial surface. It's an especially bad place to be in damp weather.

somecyguy

Jun 19, 2006
I know this is said in jest, but I'm quite sure that people who sit on the hillside wouldn't be unhappy with some kind of artificial surface. It's an especially bad place to be in damp weather.

If they actually plan on placing the logo on the hills, an artificial surface would likely be a requirement, otherwise it will be gone after the first game.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
If they actually plan on placing the logo on the hills, an artificial surface would likely be a requirement, otherwise it will be gone after the first game.

I figured the logo was just for the mock-ups but yes, I agree.

• Agree
Reactions: Sparkplug

cc1091

Oct 10, 2007
Minneapolis
I don't love the wall from the outside, it looks kind of odd but inside looking north ,I think it really helps bowl the stadium in. I can't wait.
The only way we could get federal funding help with this project was to design a mock-up for the border wall.

On a more serious note, what would those 'wall' panels be made out of? Concrete? Isn't there a better material to convey the kind of atmosphere we want at Cyclone games? Perhaps alternating fabric panels? Maybe Cyclone Football HOF images?

g4ce

Feb 6, 2018
On a more serious note, what would those 'wall' panels be made out of? Concrete? Isn't there a better material to convey the kind of atmosphere we want at Cyclone games? Perhaps alternating fabric panels? Maybe Cyclone Football HOF images?

Maybe like shiplap...oh wait we're not Baylor...F*** BAYLOR

• Funny
Reactions: cc1091

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
As far as I'm concerned they can tear that thing down. It was a nice addition in 1996 but it's just a weird fit now. And who knows, maybe there's a long-term plan to truly bowl in the NEZ and take that building out years down the road if the program continues its growth.

AN artificial surface for the fans would be to hot the first couple games to sit on. That is why they kept it grass back in the day. They were originally thinking of using the old turf back back when they got rid of that really bad turf from the 80's. Then someone said it would be like 150 degrees on the hot days and it just would look flat out horrible.

Help Support Us

Become a patron