Dish Network dropped Fox channels this afternoon - the broadcast channel, FS1, BTN, FS2.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
What are some good modems and routers? Actual models. Mine is a combination modem/router Motorola Surfboard that is probably 5+ years old and I've always had issues with some devices not working well with it.

Can I buy a pair of those devices for $150 or less?

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
What are some good modems and routers? Actual models. Mine is a combination modem/router Motorola Surfboard that is probably 5+ years old and I've always had issues with some devices not working well with it.

Can I buy a pair of those devices for $150 or less?
My experiences with combo devices are consistently horrible. Modem recommendations will be difficult because it depends on what ISP you use. I've had an Arris SB6190 for 2 years on Mediacom and have yet to have any issues with it at all. I use a Google WiFi as a router and will continue to answer everyone's router questions with 'buy a mesh system'.

I doubt you're going to be able to find a modem/router pair for anything short of $200, and I doubt you're going to be happy with what you wind up with at that price

CloneGuy8

Mar 20, 2017
4e60153d-bbfb-4a93-9cd8-33da858d1061_text.gif

• Useful
Reactions: criticalobserver

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
My experiences with combo devices are consistently horrible. Modem recommendations will be difficult because it depends on what ISP you use. I've had an Arris SB6190 for 2 years on Mediacom and have yet to have any issues with it at all. I use a Google WiFi as a router and will continue to answer everyone's router questions with 'buy a mesh system'.

I doubt you're going to be able to find a modem/router pair for anything short of $200, and I doubt you're going to be happy with what you wind up with at that price

Exact same combo and couldn't be happier. Although I've heard that Google may be coming out with the same mesh system but with google assistant built in, which would be nice.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Have mediacom. Bought my first one from them. It had trouble, dude thought it was a rental apparently because he swapped it out and no rental fees have hit.

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
For those who have dish all those games I believe are gonna be on alternate channels. Check the game finder online.

• Useful
Reactions: Prone2Clone

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Local Fox network in Cedar Rapids is still available, but the national channels are all gone of course.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Fox isn't messing around with their commercials. Usually it's tell your provider that you want Fox back. This one their saying to go find a new provider. Seems this may not get fixed soon.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
Maybe it’s just me but this seems to have gotten exponentially worse recently. I’m not sure if it’s a side effect of streaming or what but it’s getting old. I still can’t get any Cardinals games because of their fight. Now the other fox channels are gone. People I think are more willing to tolerate higher prices than they are not having channels.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Maybe it’s just me but this seems to have gotten exponentially worse recently. I’m not sure if it’s a side effect of streaming or what but it’s getting old. I still can’t get any Cardinals games because of their fight. Now the other fox channels are gone. People I think are more willing to tolerate higher prices than they are not having channels.

I don't know about that. People are cutting the cord because of those prices. IMO, we're seeing this more because of the programming oligopoly that the FCC has allowed to form. These large media companies force distribution companies to bundle more and more channels that add up to hefty subscriber fees. If they break up Disney, Turner, and Fox I think this gets better with the distribution companies having more control.

• Agree
Reactions: STATE12

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006
I don’t know what your capabilities are but I’ve found that people vastly over-estimate what they need to stream successfully.

Most of the time I can stream fine, but I can handle a few hiccups during sporting events. Having those constantly for all television would probably drive me nuts.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I don't know about that. People are cutting the cord because of those prices. IMO, we're seeing this more because of the programming oligopoly that the FCC has allowed to form. These large media companies force distribution companies to bundle more and more channels that add up to hefty subscriber fees. If they break up Disney, Turner, and Fox I think this gets better with the distribution companies having more control.
I mean price is a major factor but price and then not even getting the channels is worse.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron