Time to cut out our Busch Light love affair

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I don’t like this because he didn’t ask for this. Kid made a funny sign and people took it upon themselves to take it seriously or try to be funny themselves by sending him money. Then he did the best possible thing he could do with a situation he never asked for.

Absolutely. That's a sign of true character.

CyVoodoo

Dec 7, 2009
Call me a conspiracy theorist, but why does it feel like much of what is going on is connected?

Low life hok fan tips off the Register to extend the smear campaign that started with the band incident.

Social media is now a weapon wielded by triggered little snowflakes.

That's the problem now. Everything is offensive so I'm just going to embrace it and piss em all of. Sorry kids. I will never be able to raise a million dollars for you.

• Agree
Reactions: clone1990

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
I admit I am completely naive to this but Carson said that a reporter from the DMR informed him about the post but as of now they have absolutely nothing on the story. Why would they do that? Maybe just trying to save face by not posting anything about it.

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
I admit I am completely naive to this but Carson said that a reporter from the DMR informed him about the post but as of now they have absolutely nothing on the story. Why would they do that? Maybe just trying to save face by not posting anything about it.

This is my question too. Something about this isn't right. No way the Register "alerts" him to this tweet then lets other media outlets beat them to the story by hours.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Well this probably isn't oood news for the new Thursday podcast. Oh well. As long as we don't find a new love affair with any Ice Beer. I can't handle that stuff.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
This is my question too. Something about this isn't right. No way the Register "alerts" him to this tweet then lets other media outlets beat them to the story by hours.

Somebody was digging deep into his social media and was shopping it around, and DMR was first to reach Carson for comment, I imagine.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

I imagine the started down this path before realizing what an abject disaster it was and backed away to the extent possible.

all2matt

Mar 6, 2011
I think what Carson did was awesome as a hawk fan, definitely put a great social issue before school pride. BUT to think it was a hawk fan that ratted him out, I say slow down and think for a minute? Who would want to burn a guy getting attention for doing a good deed....... ex girlfriend. It’s way to obvious to not be a jealousy thing.

Hopefully he still receives the recognition he deserves even if he is a cyclone :).

... and shame on the register for even going this route at all, let his decade old tweet just die like it was.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Somebody was digging deep into his social media and was shopping it around, and DMR was first to reach Carson for comment, I imagine.

After re-reading the KCCI article it does say "called his attention to". I imagine what a previous poster said was right. Someone from the Register learned about it and called and asked, but wasn't necessarily the one that dug it up. In any event, the Register made a decision to make it a "story" by pursuing it.