The Best Team Lost...Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
Iowa State may have looked like the better team in some facets of the game, but where it counted (turnovers, mistakes) we were not. In close games like that, games will be decided on the little things and Iowa was better at the little things.
They were better at being lucky and having biased refs. I will admit their Special Teams were better. But our offense and defense are both significantly better than Iowa's.

• Funny
Reactions: breck53

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
They were better at being lucky and having biased refs. I will admit their Special Teams were better. But our offense and defense are both significantly better than Iowa's.
We were not significantly better than Iowa. Had we been, we would've won the game and won the game by more than one point. Iowa was not significantly better than us either, however they were better enough to beat us. We also need to stop dwelling on the holding call. Yes it was not the best call, but it does not guarantee victory had it not been called. We had an opportunity to still win the game and did not because we made a ginormous mistake.

Move on from this game.. it's over. Give Iowa credit because they deserve it. They came into Jack Trice on a weird day and found a way to win.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
We were not significantly better than Iowa. Had we been, we would've won the game and won the game by more than one point. Iowa was not significantly better than us either, however they were better enough to beat us. We also need to stop dwelling on the holding call. Yes it was not the best call, but it does not guarantee victory had it not been called. We had an opportunity to still win the game and did not because we made a ginormous mistake.

Move on from this game.. it's over. Give Iowa credit because they deserve it. They came into Jack Trice on a weird day and found a way to win.
I refuse to give a team credit that was just flat lucky and had officiating on it's side.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
I agree, Iowa had a huge advantage getting that extra game in. Nothing substitutes for live action. Even with that advantage, if the refs call 25% of Iowa’s holds, we win by 10+ points.

Iowa lost Hankins during the week 2 game. Who knows if ISU suffers any injuries in week 2 if they had to play a game.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
You must be on drugs. Go sleep it off little brother.

We are the cub and you guys are the bear even though the cub has now went 14-3 against the bear in fb, bb, wbb and wrestling in the last 17 outings.

• Winner
Reactions: breck53

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
For the love of god. I think you are a hawk sock puppet.
There are lots of people where I work, and on this board that feel exactly the same way I do. But some of you want to look cool to Iowa fans or something and give them credit they don't deserve. It's weird. Do you really think they are better than us? If you know anything about football, you can't possibly think that.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
There are lots of people where I work, and on this board that feel exactly the same way I do. But some of you want to look cool to Iowa fans or something and give them credit they don't deserve. It's weird. Do you really think they are better than us? If you know anything about football, you can't possibly think that.
You have lost 5 times in a row. You need to get over the more yardage crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.