Is Iowa the Most Oversensitive Fan Base in America?

Is Iowa the most oversensitive fan base in America?

• Total voters

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Not condoning the Iowa fan behavior, but the guy’s rant was talking about how Mississippi State should never have lost to such a white, unathletic team. Not necessarily racist, but there were definitely racial undertones to it. That’s what caused most of the backlash- convenient how he left that part out.

This site sticks up for douchebags like Cowherd and that MSU fan and people on Barstool sports.

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019
to be fair, he commented that he made similar rants about other SEC teams which his producer agreed with. No fan base went after him or tried to get his wife fired except for uofi.

I’m going to guess his rants about other SEC teams weren’t racial in nature

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
So to answer the original question, it's either them or it's us. My guess is it's a tie based on the number of posts and new threads that get crapped out every day on how bad Iowa is, or how insecure they are, or how, despite losing 5 in a row we're still the best at everything....

Doesn't this smack talk get old for any of you?

I love my CycloneNation regardless of how thin the skin is at times...

awd4cy

Dec 29, 2010
Central Iowa
This site sticks up for douchebags like Cowherd and that MSU fan and people on Barstool sports.
What MSU fan? I don’t alway agree with Cowherd and sometimes his takes can be off, but I can see his points on a lot of things. He wasn’t wrong about you guys 3-4 years ago.

AttackOfTheClones

Dec 10, 2017
Bushwood, Nebraska
www.youtube.com
Iowa does not hold a candle to Nebraska.

Iowa is Nebraska, sans the hardware

...which makes them even worse

and there is no more glaring example of a fanbase, university, or media, that pats themselves on the back---more than the U of Iowa. Biggest attention-wh$res ever.

~ Inviting camera crew + media w/Iowa fb players-- 2 weeks after the 2008 Parkersburg tornado, filmed picking up twigs (Chizik and ISU were already there 2 weeks prior)
U of Iowa shares Parkersburg footage with ESPN + BTN, w/ players milling around picking up twigs. .. a total sham, photo op

~ Parading Tom Brokaw around as some esteemed alum. (Tom dropped out of Iowa freshman year after admitted drunkenness and skirt-chasing)

~ Press release that NBC hall of famer Tom Brokaw donated his media artifacts to the U of Iowa !! (Tom B admitted U of Iowa BEGGED him for ten years to donate stuff)

~ Honorable mention: Ashton Kutcher (1 semester @ Iowa; Tom Arnold: no proof of taking any classes @ Iowa)

~ Hayden calls the U of Iowa from his retirement village a few yrs ago---Iowa promptly jumpstarts the ANF campaign. A fraud promo for the football team. ANF apparel sells rapidly again. *ZERO, $0.00 from apparel sales goes to assist struggling farm families
In reality, U of Iowa law school grads who are attorneys/judges---bankrupt and foreclose on hundreds of family farms. Great legacy!!

~ "The Wave", albeit wonderful for the children---Iowa promptly calls it a 'tradition' after 1 week, and pumps out tons of apparel. Again $0.00 in profits are shared with the sick kids. "The Wave" transformed into a FB promo also, unfortunately

~ It's always a privilege for ISU to have u of Iowa on their schedule---for any sport.

Jammin’

Jul 18, 2009
Ames-Mia-Atx
~ Hayden calls the U of Iowa from his retirement village a few yrs ago---Iowa promptly jumpstarts the ANF campaign. A fraud promo for the football team. ANF apparel sells rapidly again. *ZERO, $0.00 from apparel sales goes to assist struggling farm families
In reality, U of Iowa law school grads who are attorneys/judges---bankrupt and foreclose on hundreds of family farms. Great legacy!!

Jokingly and half hear-tingly, I automatically assume people with ANF stickers are probably flat earth followers. It’s a me problem, I guess.‍♂️.

But

If it makes you feel any better, when ANF was brought back when farmers where experiencing all time high farm wages, it rubbed a lot of older fringe Iowa fans the wrong way in my farming community anyway.

hAppily
exploitiNg
Farmers

• Agree
Reactions: Cytown12

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019
Iowa is Nebraska, sans the hardware

...which makes them even worse

and there is no more glaring example of a fanbase, university, or media, that pats themselves on the back---more than the U of Iowa. Biggest attention-wh$res ever.

~ Inviting camera crew + media w/Iowa fb players-- 2 weeks after the 2008 Parkersburg tornado, filmed picking up twigs (Chizik and ISU were already there 2 weeks prior)
U of Iowa shares Parkersburg footage with ESPN + BTN, w/ players milling around picking up twigs. .. a total sham, photo op

~ Parading Tom Brokaw around as some esteemed alum. (Tom dropped out of Iowa freshman year after admitted drunkenness and skirt-chasing)

~ Press release that NBC hall of famer Tom Brokaw donated his media artifacts to the U of Iowa !! (Tom B admitted U of Iowa BEGGED him for ten years to donate stuff)

~ Honorable mention: Ashton Kutcher (1 semester @ Iowa; Tom Arnold: no proof of taking any classes @ Iowa)

~ "The Wave", albeit wonderful for the children---Iowa promptly calls it a 'tradition' after 1 week, and pumps out tons of apparel. Again $0.00 in profits are shared with the sick kids. "The Wave" transformed into a FB promo also, unfortunately

~ It's always a privilege for ISU to have u of Iowa on their schedule---for any sport.

Holy crap, is it possible to be more delusional and out of touch with reality? Literally none of this is true, other than the sentence about some UI lawyers bankrupting farmers. Seek help.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Holy crap, is it possible to be more delusional and out of touch with reality? Literally none of this is true, other than the sentence about some UI lawyers bankrupting farmers. Seek help.
Anyone that cant admit they've had another username here should never tell someone else to seek help.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron