The infamous holding call

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Purdy should be able to do it according to the posts I've read on here. He should have done it "for sure". Also, there is no way Stanley would complete a 3rd and 22 pass because he's a bum that can't make plays....and he's fat.
There are definitely limits to Stanley’s game that Brock just doesn’t have to deal with.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Or the other 10 possessions in the game where they failed to score did

I don't know why you're upset. You guys caught a break and won. I could only imagine how butthurt you'd be if the phantom holding call didn't happen and you guys lost

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Again iowa got away with a huge no call for holding on that play. Uwai was in the backfield with an iowa lineman bear hugging him from the side.
You know what...I haven't watched it again...but you can play that game all day. They could call a penalty on nearly every play if they wanted to.

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
I don't know why you're upset. You guys caught a break and won. I could only imagine how butthurt you'd be if the phantom holding call didn't happen and you guys lost
I normally only read posts but after seeing your drivel for 30 pages on this one post....I felt bad for you.

• Agree
Reactions: breck53

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
You know what...I haven't watched it again...but you can play that game all day. They could call a penalty on nearly every play if they wanted to.

Oh so you haven't actually seen the holding call? No wonder you don't think it was a big deal

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
I say less than 50% chance. Would it have made us nervous? Absolutely but I'm sure Clones fans would have been as well. Clones have scored 30 points in regulation of their 1st two games. Scoring has been an issue. Special teams and kicker are questionable at best.

And Iowa has scored 18 points against defenses that aren't terrible...

Gitwitit

Dec 31, 2008
Here you go @Gitwitit take it up with him
That's one person's opinion. I think if Iowa was that concerned they would have ran on 3 and 9 instead of throwing and stopping the clock. They could have taken an additional 30 secs off and then punted giving ISU maybe 50 secs with no timeouts

Crookedhatkid

May 14, 2018
Yep, as good as he was, you could say he cost ISU the game at the same time.

He over throws a wide open TE in the back of the endzone.

The fumble in the first half in Iowa's red zone.

He fell down losing five yards to make it 3rd and 13 and put ISU out of FG range.

He made a terrible read and pass on 4th and 13.

He also missed a wide open Landon Akers on a crossing out that would have put them in FG range earlier in the game and instead they had to punt.

These posts do list mistakes Purdy made in the game. This particular one isn’t accurate. That throw had to be over the LB and on the wrong shoulder to keep it away from the safety. It wasn’t a good throw but wide open is an exaggeration and even with a pretty mediocre throw he gave Kolar a shot.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
These posts do list mistakes Purdy made in the game. This particular one isn’t accurate. That throw had to be over the LB and on the wrong shoulder to keep it away from the safety. It wasn’t a good throw but wide open is an exaggeration and even with a pretty mediocre throw he gave Kolar a shot.

Just needed a little touch is all. The TE had no one within 5 yards of him. You would think that a QB that has been the second coming on this board could make that throw pretty easily.

• Agree
Reactions: CycoCyclone

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Just needed a little touch is all. The TE had no one within 5 yards of him. You would think that a QB that has been the second coming on this board could make that throw pretty easily.

The second coming? Why are you guys so upset about Purdy? It's not like the narrative he's a top 10 QB in the country is just coming from CF

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
I normally only read posts but after seeing your drivel for 30 pages on this one post....I felt bad for you.

Twinkie ignores the phantom grounding call on Stanley. Selective outrage. They would say that didn't matter in grand scheme. Even though changing one play may have changed any future play thereafter. It is always the refs with these guys. Go back years. Against Kansas State it is always the refs, etc.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
It did need the needle threaded, as there were 1-2 defenders close to the flight path of the ball. Despite what you probably want to think, Purdy has shown multiple times he can do. He didn't that time, he threw off his back foot (a tendency of his)

It certainly wasn't an easy throw to make, but one that he has made before several times.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Twinkie ignores the phantom grounding call on Stanley. Selective outrage. They would say that didn't matter in grand scheme. Even though changing one play may have changed any future play thereafter. It is always the refs with these guys. Go back years. Against Kansas State it is always the refs, etc.

This would make a lot more sense if a bunch of posters were actually blaming the refs though... Twins is trolling and you guys are STILL too dumb to figure that out...

Help Support Us

Become a patron