The infamous holding call

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
You had 3 that were longer throws than 10 yards, were they catch and fall down type routes or were there yards after the catch. The HB pass was ran away from AJEs side btw, then it was all shorter throws.......
So the first 50% of our first 10 throws were for 10+ yards and you're saying we didn't attack down the field? I remember almost every one of those throws and they were not swing passes by any means. We were finding holes in the middle of the zone coverage and picking up chunks of yardage. We took our shots down the field as well. To start the second half we threw a 73 yard TD and then an 18 yard pass to Pettway that was also not a dump off.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
You should listen to Jeff Woody on the latest podcast to hear how they made Epenesa irrelevant on the field by attacking him

Epenesa also beat his man quite a bit, but Purdy was too quick with the ball. Epenesa did bite on a couple of zone reads though including the one where Purdy slipped and fell.

• Disagree
Reactions: keepngoal

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Pretty bad that ISU couldn't get the win against a depleted Iowa secondary and having their best player gassed.

Epenesa isn't your best player and your secondary is depleted because of poor recruiting but yes you won your Super Bowl

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Epenesa isn't your best player and your secondary is depleted because of poor recruiting but yes you won your Super Bowl

Watch the fourth quarter and let me know if Epensea looks gassed to you. He was still very much so getting after it. Was he tired, probably, but his energy level still looked really good to me. He put the pressure on Purdy to force a quick and bad throw on the third and goal play. He blew right past the LT.

• Agree
Reactions: TXHawk

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Watch the fourth quarter and let me know if Epensea looks gassed to you. He was still very much so getting after it. Was he tired, probably, but his energy level still looked really good to me. He put the pressure on Purdy to force a quick and bad throw on the third and goal play. He blew right past the LT.

I watched. He was gassed

• Dislike
  • Funny
Reactions: TXHawk and iahawks

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Lol it's pretty funny the "best D-lineman in the nation" couldn't touch Brock Purdy with Iowa State's bad o-line in front of him.

Credit goes to ISU's scheme and Purdy for getting the ball out quick and having good pocket presence. Epenesa got past the LT enough on Saturday that against a lesser QB would have resulted in chaos.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Credit goes to ISU's scheme and Purdy for getting the ball out quick and having good pocket presence. Epenesa got past the LT enough on Saturday that against a lesser QB would have resulted in chaos.
I know I'm just messing around. We schemed essentially perfectly and Purdy did a great job of knowing how much time he had.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
He's gone from best in the nation to trending towards not even an All Conference guy now
Easy now. I'd like to think he is one of the best defensive lineman in the nation and we just did a good job with him.

TRYHARDER

Aug 23, 2019
Pretty bad that ISU couldn't get the win against a depleted Iowa secondary and having their best player gassed.
The elephant in the room appears to be the Clones inability to put points on the board. They scored 17 pts. That's 30 pts in regulation in the 1st 2 games. Clones have broken 30 once in their last 8 games. Should be very concerning. Hawks clearly have some redzone issues as well but clearly are more efficient at putting points on the board.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
The elephant in the room appears to be the Clones inability to put points on the board. They scored 17 pts. That's 30 pts in regulation in the 1st 2 games. Clones have broken 30 once in their last 8 games. Should be very concerning. Hawks clearly have some redzone issues as well but clearly are more efficient at putting points on the board.
We've moved the ball well the last two weeks we've just shot ourselves in the foot in critical situations that diminished our scoring chances.