Gary Barta everybody

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
All you are good for is calling people names. I have kept it clean, just voicing my opinion on board titled " To Iowa Fans" and " Gary Barta". I'm not trolling your Cyclone messages. Just the ones regarding the Hawks.

You’re absolutely trolling. You’re a worthless rotten insecure piece of ****.

• Friendly
Reactions: criticalobserver

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I was OK in my day. But nothing like you Cyclone keyboard warriors. You are all extremely intelligent, beautiful, wealthy, and ultra athletic. Im fat, ugly, drunk, and was told by one poster that I guess I went to Kirkwood. Which I'm not even sure why that was intended as an insult. You guys title messages toward Iowa fans, and then make crap out of us when we give our opinion. I might go over to the Trump post and push my conservative views next. This is too much fun

As I said, you may be the most worthless of the ********** hawk fans that infest this place. And that bar has been set very low.

You’re an ignorant insecure little child.

• Friendly
Reactions: criticalobserver

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Absolutely agree. Jamie has told Sukup endzone donors that their behavior by the glass windows is unacceptable. That could be good donors.
Jamie would have zero problems addressing a person or area if there was some notice.
Definitely. I don't care what fan base you're talking about, there are idiots everywhere, and it's the AD's job to fix those incidents. It's not about ISU fans and it's not about Iowa fans either. At our tailgate I had an Iowa State fan try to steal our bags on our bag set, while I had an Iowa fan almost stumble in and knock our TV over. I didn't blame either fan base, rather I blamed the person.

If there was a slur yelled, or something thrown at a band member, this should have been handled behind closed doors. Especially given that it was not something that went viral or anything like that where the public was involved from the get-go. Now, if there was someone who like got into a fight or messed up their instrument, now it's a different story.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
An ISU message board dedicated to Iowa.
Because your AD is heavily investigating a possible diet coke thrown or a swear word directed at members of the Iowa Marching Band. Lol. I mean let's be honest, if it were anything bigger than that this would've already came to a head.

• Agree
Reactions: intrepid27

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I do appreciate the irony of you stating this in a thread full of people complaining about a tweet and threatening to boycott that company.

Those two things are not even in the same universe. Big difference between an AD and random whiners on twitter. Such an official statement is unprofessional no matter if the accusations are right or wrong (wait for evidence, joint statement if true)

Basically Barta just used his megaphone in the same way as a random twitter whiner. Except Barta isn't a random twitter whiner.

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
We'll see. If there's nothing serious behind it it will serve the purpose of making the AD look like a duffus.

If there is something serious....why not wait until you can release more detailed information. This jumping the gun on allegations is pretty standard throughout today's society so I really shouldn't be surprised.

Obviously we don't have all the facts of everything that is going on. But maybe Barta reached out to Pollard to try and keep this in house and didn't get the response he wanted so he went public. Either way, this better be something really serious to garner such an official statement. With Barta's past actions as AD, I'm not holding my breath for that.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
Stop bringing the bands. I've heard stories from former ISU band members about the abuse they took when they went to Iowa. Not just cursing, but throwing things at the band members etc. I'm sure it happens both ways. It's stupid that you let your rivals band perform on your home field.

For some perspective, I was sitting with a guy from Sweden during the game. It was his first football experience. He was amazed at how little trouble there was with opposing fans cheering their team and couldn't believe the opposing band was playing on the field. He said there would have been a riot if that happened at a soccer match back home.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
On the new this morning they stated a band member got punched and some band members were groped/inappropriately touched.

If that is true, those individuals should be ashamed of themselves and held accountable.

I agree but why would barta release such a vague statement

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Obviously we don't have all the facts of everything that is going on. But maybe Barta reached out to Pollard to try and keep this in house and didn't get the response he wanted so he went public. Either way, this better be something really serious to garner such an official statement. With Barta's past actions as AD, I'm not holding my breath for that.
That's the key. If it was really anyone/any school other than him I don't think there would be this type of response. I also don't know of a lot of schools that would still employ him TBH.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
On the new this morning they stated a band member got punched and some band members were groped/inappropriately touched.

If that is true, those individuals should be ashamed of themselves and held accountable.
The thing is even if that was the case Barta has seriously mishandled this. If that happened it is serious and actions should be taken against the responsible party. That said don’t send out a gauge press release before any investigation can happen.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
I agree but why would barta release such a vague statement
Because he is not that intelligent.

The thing is even if that was the case Barta has seriously mishandled this. If that happened it is serious and actions should be taken against the responsible party. That said don’t send out a gauge press release before any investigation can happen.

Agree

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron