Getting over it

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Lol. K. Love the use of “we” first off. Secondly, I look at each season as it’s own example. Last I recall, Michigan doesn’t win national titles because it has the most wins over a 150 year span.

You don’t become a contender in a Power 5 conference overnight. The baseline has to be 6-6 every year and then we can jump up and go 9-3 or 10-2 every few years. With enough success the baseline can be moved to 7-5 or 8-4. It’s not like playing NCAA Football on your PlayStation.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
What makes Mississippi state a good team?

I think they are terrible. If you only gain 269 yards on offense and lose the TOP on the road, a decent team should beat you by 14 points.

It’s always nice to win on the road but K-St was hardly dominant.
Their starting QB was injured and couldn't even make it through the game, plus they had a bunch of other players missing that game for various reasons.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
Last night I was thinking "why do I even watch this game?" The emotional upside of winning isn't as good as the sheer anger of losing is bad. It's like making a $10 bet where the best you can do is get back $12, but you might lose it all. Wondering if next year I should just plan a fun activity with the family that doesn't involve football at all, like maybe go on a weekend fishing trip or something.
The alternative is 1990's ISU football. That wasn't much fun either, though will agree much less stressful knowing your team was just going to get rolled.

• Friendly
Reactions: khardbored

Trice

Apr 1, 2010
Last night I was thinking "why do I even watch this game?" The emotional upside of winning isn't as good as the sheer anger of losing is bad. It's like making a $10 bet where the best you can do is get back $12, but you might lose it all. Wondering if next year I should just plan a fun activity with the family that doesn't involve football at all, like maybe go on a weekend fishing trip or something.

That's not just sports, it's human nature, period. There's research that bears this out in other areas, like investing. Losing hurts much more than winning feels good.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014

I'm mad that I lost a whole Saturday of beautiful weather sitting inside dedicated to watching college gameday and this game. I cant imagine how people who spent thousands on parking, tailgating, and were up from 3 am to set up and driving to midnight trying to get home.

I might just start taping this game.

Fortunately I dont live in iowa and work with hawks. All I have to do is avoid Facebook and Instagram for a week.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012

But more than likely you won't, we'll start drinking the KoolAid and all be ready for FB. You'll be back;).

• Agree

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
Bulldogs qb gets benched in the 3rd after going 7/15 with 2 picks and then they brought in a freshman who goes 4/12 passing. I don’t think miss st is any good. K-st only put up 269 yards of offense and won the game on the road.

Miss State had their chance last year to be really good. They lost 3 first round draft picks from that nasty defense. Their current defense won’t be able to mask subpar QB play. I predict MSU to finish 5-7 this year at best. They’ve got some athletes but haven’t put it together on offense yet.

KSU looks a lot like NDSU style wise. They run the ball well when they have to.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

I may go a similar route including the basketball game too. Too wrapped in a game that involves toxic behaviors.

Just watching any other football game yesterday during the delay was more enjoyable.

• Agree

ghyland7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2012
The thread is called "getting over it."

Honestly, the loss stings, but it doesn't feel as bad as last year's game.

The better team lost from poor execution in situational football (giving up 3rd and 21 that leads to FG, fumble, muffed punt, slight overthrow to TE for TD, etc.).

We outgained them by what.. 150 yards? Our defense gave up a touchdown only when they started on the 25.

Our offense consistently moved the ball and our O-line actually played incredibly well by our standards. Iowa has a LOT of talent on their d-line and it was pretty much mitigated the entire game.

It sucks to take a loss, but this doesn't feel like last year's Iowa game; after that game I was wondering if we would score a point all year. This one sucks and people at work will be insufferable for a few days, but I don't feel that bad about the team.

Hopefully they can get things together for Baylor, when it really starts to count. Texas lost to LSU. Oklahoma looks less elite than the last few years. There's a ton of upside for this team in the big 12 this year.

LAClone

Apr 26, 2010
This game will take a while to get over. In the meantime, all I can to is generate memes to express my frustration.

Attachments

• TackleYourDreams.jpg
    TackleYourDreams.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 17

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
Lol. K. Love the use of “we” first off. Secondly, I look at each season as it’s own example. Last I recall, Michigan doesn’t win national titles because it has the most wins over a 150 year span.
This is the unhinged rant of someone with an axe to grind, but no point on which to grind it.

• Informative
Reactions: bostrem00

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
I'm mad that I lost a whole Saturday of beautiful weather sitting inside dedicated to watching college gameday and this game. I cant imagine how people who spent thousands on parking, tailgating, and were up from 3 am to set up and driving to midnight trying to get home.

I might just start taping this game.

Fortunately I dont live in iowa and work with hawks. All I have to do is avoid Facebook and Instagram for a week.
I was at a softball tournament with the daughter all day. She played great, the team went 3-1, and the weather was awesome. I got a nice tan and enjoyed time with the other parents. I even got to watch some of the Cy-Hawk game on my tablet.

Both of us would still rather have been in Ames though. We're both also already well past thinking about the Iowa game. Seriously, it's just another game. Enjoy it while it's here, but then move on. We've got ULM and that one weird new trash-talking ULM poster to deal with now.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron