Votes: 34 27.0%
  • Win your big game

Votes: 92 73.0%

• Total voters

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I will not be upset if Iowa loses to ISU, each team is a good team this year. The better team argument at the end of the year is always fun and tiring though. Will be interesting to see who has the better year after this game and conference slates get going.
The argument at the end of the year isn't valid unless one team does loads better than the other. You can rationalize all you want that "if the game was played now it would be different", and I have made my cases for that in the past, but in the end, it doesn't matter because the game is played in the beginning of the year.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
The argument at the end of the year isn't valid unless one team does loads better than the other. You can rationalize all you want that "if the game was played now it would be different", and I have made my cases for that in the past, but in the end, it doesn't matter because the game is played in the beginning of the year.
Be careful what you say. Some are religious fanatics about it on this forum. Also my name on HR is CalmHawk. havent posted on there for years. Just did today. For all you haters.

• Disagree
Reactions: Macloney

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
For as smart as you think you are, you literally have no clue. Look in a mirror, reflect a little bit and take a breath.

Oh no, it’s obvious to everybody how insecure you are.

I get why when called out you get embarrassed for being such a loser, that your natural instinct is to rationalize your existence and try to project false confidence.

It’s not just you, there are a bunch of insecure losers that come here to tell us how insignificant we are, over and over and over and over and over again.

But that doesn’t mean you should not feel bad for being one of them.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Oh no, it’s obvious to everybody how insecure you are.

I get why when called out you get embarrassed for being such a loser, that your natural instinct is to rationalize your existence and try to project false confidence.

It’s not just you, there are a bunch of insecure losers that come here to tell us how insignificant we are, over and over and over and over and over again.

But that doesn’t mean you should not feel bad for being one of them.

Nothing false about me. My name on HR is CalmHawk, I also just registered for HN, thought I was already on there, but I was not. I have figured out how to post here. The secret is to not take anything seriously. Maybe you should try it.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Be careful what you say. Some are religious fanatics about it on this forum. Also my name on HR is CalmHawk. havent posted on there for years. Just did today. For all you haters.

I have asked the benji and buddy folks to post the ISU trolls on HR, just link several of the threads where it’s close to 50/50 Iowa/ISU fans going at it. Never has been linked. There are many threads here where it is loaded with hawk fans. Doesn’t seem the ISU fans go out trying to get relevance from Iowa fans like Iowa fans do in here.

There are crazy fans on both sides, but it doesn’t seem like there are as many ISU fans trolling on Iowa sites as vice versa. I asked for the link because I don’t go to Iowa sites.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I have asked the benji and buddy folks to post the ISU trolls on HR, just link several of the threads where it’s close to 50/50 Iowa/ISU fans going at it. Never has been linked. There are many threads here where it is loaded with hawk fans. Doesn’t seem the ISU fans go out trying to get relevance from Iowa fans like Iowa fans do in here.

There are crazy fans on both sides, but it doesn’t seem like there are as many ISU fans trolling on Iowa sites as vice versa. I asked for the link because I don’t go to Iowa sites.

Ok, it is because some of the threads on here are baiting, asking for the trolls to come, and they do, hell I used to be one of them. But there are ISU trolls on HR. some are just terrible and derail threads in the football forums. If HR had a rivalry forum it would be better, but there really is not much there for that. This place invites the trolls, the hawk fans, to come over with the in state rival thread. This is also the Only good site for Cyclone forums. Iowa at one time had 4. Now there are basically 2 of them (HR, HN). I was a scout guy for years. This site goes full on 100 mph when discussing anything Iowa related. Look at the size of the threads and length as compared to Iowa boards. I am here strictly for discussion at this point. But look at the attacking nature of some of the posters here.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
Lol I'm not sitting here saying after the emotions of a game I'm not going to be making any excuses but I know deep down they are just coping mechanisms to make myself feel better. I try to be a realist at the end of the day. Helps ease the mind.

• Agree
Reactions: Thinker

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
Lol I'm not sitting here saying after the emotions of a game I'm not going to be making any excuses but I know deep down they are just coping mechanisms to make myself feel better. I try to be a realist at the end of the day. Helps ease the mind.
Maybe that is why we get along most of the time

Lemmiwinks

Aug 31, 2018
Ankeny

https://iowa.forums.rivals.com/threads/isu-fans-must-be-confident.284311/

3 of the first 5 responses are from ISU fans.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Ok, it is because some of the threads on here are baiting, asking for the trolls to come, and they do, hell I used to be one of them. But there are ISU trolls on HR. some are just terrible and derail threads in the football forums. If HR had a rivalry forum it would be better, but there really is not much there for that. This place invites the trolls, the hawk fans, to come over with the in state rival thread. This is also the Only good site for Cyclone forums. Iowa at one time had 4. Now there are basically 2 of them (HR, HN). I was a scout guy for years. This site goes full on 100 mph when discussing anything Iowa related. Look at the size of the threads and length as compared to Iowa boards. I am here strictly for discussion at this point. But look at the attacking nature of some of the posters here.

There are a few posters who take it way too far. It’s supposed to be fun, but there are about 4-5 Iowa posters who take things way too far by creating new names after getting banned for the 5th time and coming back. People on here have said they have been banned on hawk sites for a quick troll post after Iowa loses. That is probably why there are few Iowa/ISU threads on HR (going off what is linked and lack of trolls linking when asked and other ISU posters posting) the mods there don’t want any dissenting opinions. Seems boring in imo and probably why you guys come here. Maybe ask the mods to get thicker skin there as a start.

My in-laws are Iowa fans. Love to rub any win in on us. I made one, yes one because I knew what would happen if I did to tavern hawks, and I got cursed out by the family. So I sit and listen to the crap after loses and never say a word after a win. I don’t mind taking crap and enjoy going back and forth but that crap gets old.

Many hawk fans I know love name calling, to me it’s a second grade mentality to use clowns, Ronald McDonalds and such, I personally smile and realize I’m dealing with a low IQ person when it happens.

Yes, you guys have had the better team/program over the last 25-30 years I can admit it, but I have yet to have one hawk fan admit that the two teams have been basically equal the last two years.

• Agree
Reactions: iahawks

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
There are a few posters who take it way too far. It’s supposed to be fun, but there are about 4-5 Iowa posters who take things way too far by creating new names after getting banned for the 5th time and coming back. People on here have said they have been banned on hawk sites for a quick troll post after Iowa loses. That is probably why there are few Iowa/ISU threads on HR (going off what is linked and lack of trolls linking when asked and other ISU posters posting) the mods there don’t want any dissenting opinions. Seems boring in imo and probably why you guys come here. Maybe ask the mods to get thicker skin there as a start.

My in-laws are Iowa fans. Love to rub any win in on us. I made one, yes one because I knew what would happen if I did to tavern hawks, and I got cursed out by the family. So I sit and listen to the crap after loses and never say a word after a win. I don’t mind taking crap and enjoy going back and forth but that crap gets old.

Many hawk fans I know love name calling, to me it’s a second grade mentality to use clowns, Ronald McDonalds and such, I personally smile and realize I’m dealing with a low IQ person when it happens.

Yes, you guys have had the better team/program over the last 25-30 years I can admit it, but I have yet to have one hawk fan admit that the two teams have been basically equal the last two years.

That sucks man, my good friends are Iowa State, Nebraska, Notre Dame fans. My wife and her family are ISU fans. They also love Scott Frost. BTW, just an observation, you say Iowa fans love the name calling but include tavern hawk in your post. It is easy to say clown or tavern hawk. Just do not take it too seriously. It makes the loss sting less and you have more fun.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
That sucks man, my good friends are Iowa State, Nebraska, Notre Dame fans. My wife and her family are ISU fans. They also love Scott Frost. BTW, just an observation, you say Iowa fans love the name calling but include tavern hawk in your post. It is easy to say clown or tavern hawk. Just do not take it too seriously. It makes the loss sting less and you have more fun.

I also say tavern clones. I guess I use tavern in place of bandwagon. Do you use a moniker for a chunk of hawk fans that you say are the bandwagon group that you use for clone fans also? I can substitute that also. That’s why I don’t see that as the name calling because it’s something I use as a grouping for both fan bases.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I try and be reasonable.. However I can admit there are times when I do look through my cardinal and gold glasses too much. Lol at least I'm admitting it.

I am the same. I seriously met my wife on ISU Iowa weekend and she gave me crap when ISU won.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017
I also say tavern clones. I guess I use tavern in place of bandwagon. Do you use a moniker for a chunk of hawk fans that you say are the bandwagon group that you use for clone fans also? I can substitute that also. That’s why I don’t see that as the name calling because it’s something I use as a grouping for both fan bases.

Tavern is used on this forum for Iowa fans that did not go to Iowa by most posters. If I am wrong about that please correct me.

Thinker

Mar 31, 2017

I just use bandwagon for Iowa fans. They annoy the hell out of me.

• Dumb
Reactions: JP4CY

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Tavern is used on this forum for Iowa fans that did not go to Iowa by most posters. If I am wrong about that please correct me.

Tavern is used for those that have no clue about the team except maybe one player. Kinda like a T-shirt fan, they own a T-shirt and will yap about that team although they know nothing of the team or school. Tavern whatever because they sit in the bar and drink while the game is on but don’t really pay attention or anything. A bandwagon fan usually follows the team slightly and can mention more than a player or two and maybe the coach. A tavern, is clueless and is following the crowd to follow them.

They usually did not go to the school because most who go to the schools at least know things about it and are semi reasonable.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron