Updated Depth Chart

JDDDCy

Dec 20, 2017
Braxton Lewis is now listed as a starter. That would be a big boost to the defense if he is back and ready to go. I thought Bickham looked unsure of himself. Not a surprise since I believe he used to be a corner at Rice. Newell is also listed as a starter. Anyone heard any updates on his recovery?

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Braxton Lewis is now listed as a starter. That would be a big boost to the defense if he is back and ready to go. I thought Bickham looked unsure of himself. Not a surprise since I believe he used to be a corner at Rice. Newell is also listed as a starter. Anyone heard any updates on his recovery?

Thought he was still a maybe, going to practice today (or not).

cyyote15

Nov 3, 2013
Sioux Falls, SD

Last I heard, Newell was questionable and Kene was probable.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone

danielyp29

Jan 3, 2011
Ames
Lewis, Bickham, and Spears were listed at 1 with "or" both last week and this week FYI

• Informative
Reactions: Aclone

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
How much of a drop off is Downing at Center? If Newell is out/questionable, I think we're probably fine

ameslurker

Jan 21, 2013
The only depth chart I saw was from 247 and it had Newell starting. I also thought it was interesting they listed four linemen starting versus three. Maybe they did that for UNI but I must have missed it if they did.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Mike Rose SLB; Orien Vance as MLB ?
Yes, that's how they started and played most of the UNI game. McDonald played plenty, particularly in clear passing situations, both for Rose and for Vance w/ Rose sliding back inside. I suspect we'll see more of the same. Not that you want to read too much into game 1, but Vance has the looks of a guy that is making the coaches play him and is going to be tough to keep off the field.

As others have said, Lewis back helps tremendously. Bickham played fast made some plays, but to say he struggled tackling is an understatement.

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
This might be as good of game as any for a Will McDonald come out party. He seems like a perfect fit against Iowas zone running scheme. Vance fully earned his start though.