Who will be the guest picker?

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Fred or they will pull Ashton Kutcher, Tom Arnold, or Jason Mamoa (spelling) being they are known names, even if not affiliated with ISU.
If Fred wasn't at Nebby now I'd say he'd be a good choice. No way now.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
See that is the thing. I don't think ESPN gives a rip about what we think. They would rather have a Bob Stoops type than have Monte the second string point guard. Which sucks BTW

ESPN isn't going to pick someone who is going to piss of the Athletic Department more specifically Pollard or Campbell.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Dan McCarney would be a great choice. Knows the rivalry probably better than anybody. Very charismatic too.

I'd still bet that it'll be some random celebrity with state of Iowa ties

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Dan McCarney would be a great choice. Knows the rivalry probably better than anybody. Very charismatic too.

I'd still bet that it'll be some random celebrity with state of Iowa ties
Maybe if he had more success here. ISU fans know how important he was to our program and how he really started to turn things around for us. However everyone else in the nation would look at his track record and call him a failed coach. Doesnt make it true however he is a complete unknown outside of Iowa.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
Maybe if he had more success here. ISU fans know how important he was to our program and how he really started to turn things around for us. However everyone else in the nation would look at his track record and call him a failed coach. Doesnt make it true however he is a complete unknown outside of Iowa.

There's not exactly a long list of great choices. DM is as good as any I've heard.

Although I agree with what you said

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

You have to look at him through the lens of the rivalry:
*Born in Iowa City
*Played at Iowa (before the renewal)
*Assistant coach at Iowa (13 years, incl. 2 as GA)
*Head coach at Iowa State (12 years)
*25 total Cy-Hawk games -- 9-4 at Iowa, 6-6 at ISU

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
You have to look at him through the lens of the rivalry:
*Born in Iowa City
*Played at Iowa (before the renewal)
*Assistant coach at Iowa (13 years, incl. 2 as GA)
*Head coach at Iowa State (12 years)
*25 total Cy-Hawk games -- 9-4 at Iowa, 6-6 at ISU

But again NOBODY outside of ISU fans will have a clue. With a Gameday audience of ten million (guess) why would they pick someone nobody recognizes but for the 75th biggest TV market in the upper midwest?

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Samantha Ponder always loved visiting ISU, works for ESPN, and was once interviewed by a certain @ChrisMWilliams.
Samantha_Steele_at_Iowa_State.jpg

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA
I am already preparing myself for it to be someone meh or an iowa homer celebrity. My hope is either Seneca or Sage. Fred would be the obvious choice if he was still unemployed.

KennyPratt42

The Legend
Jan 13, 2017
I can only see two possibilities:

Seneca if they are going to go the former player at the school route.

An Iowan that is a pop culture celebrity, unfortunately probably someone like Ashton Kutcher.

There just aren't any nationally recognized celebrities with Iowa State connections. If they want to go outside the box they could do computer picks and tell the story of the Atanasoff–Berry digital computer.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron