C Jaylin Williams: Iowa

Reactions: swimmercy

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
"Gained traction" lol just say they paid more

I get it is easy to say that as it may make us feel like "Oh we didn't get him because we weren't willing to stoop that low." In some cases, recent events and cases playing out in court show that it is even sometimes true. However, broadly applied without facts (which I have seen none of here) that feels like a cop out and an assassination of a recruit's (and the other school's which we care less about) character. I think it is dangerous to launch such accusations. I don't know this kid at all, but do have some insight into the family that are his guardians and they have Christian values and ethics so question the accusation.

Last edited:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I get it is easy to say that as it may make us feel like "Oh we didn't get him because we weren't willing to stoop that low." In some cases, recent events and cases playing out in court show that it is even sometimes true. However, broadly applied without facts (which I have seen none of her) that feels like a cop out and an assassination of a recruit's (and the other school which we care less about) character. I think it is dangerous to launch such accusations. I don't know this kid at all, but do have some insight into the family that are his guardians and they have Christian values and ethics so question the accusation.
Christian values and ethics?

CyberJJJ

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2006
Johnston, IA
Christian values and ethics?

I didn't mean to come off "holier than thou" with the comment. The father of the guardians/hosts of several of the native African players is a pastor at our church and one of the highest integrity people I know. As our church grows, they have built a structure of accountability to avoid some of the big issues we have seen play out in the news, especially around how money is handled. I have seen how this man's faith is consistent as anyone I know with his actions (yes we are all fallible) so just reacted to the joking reference to obvious lack of integrity. I freely admit I don't know all the players involved in this situation so can't say that couldn't have happened, but from my 20+ years knowing this man, that would be completely out of line with any behavior I have seen. I didn't mean to insinuate you can't have values or ethics without being Christian--rather that in this case I know how this man shares his faith is very consistent with and even drives his behavior.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I didn't mean to come off "holier than thou" with the comment. The father of the guardians/hosts of several of the native African players is a pastor at our church and one of the highest integrity people I know. As our church grows, they have built a structure of accountability to avoid some of the big issues we have seen play out in the news, especially around how money is handled. I have seen how this man's faith is consistent as anyone I know with his actions (yes we are all fallible) so just reacted to the joking reference to obvious lack of integrity. I freely admit I don't know all the players involved in this situation so can't say that couldn't have happened, but from my 20+ years knowing this man, that would be completely out of line with any behavior I have seen. I didn't mean to insinuate you can't have values or ethics without being Christian--rather that in this case I know how this man shares his faith is very consistent with and even drives his behavior.
All good. That's awesome stuff, frankly. My parents have been very involved in similar activities with non-athletes, off and on. I tend to get triggered when Christianity and ethics/integrity are equated and that's MY issue. To my defense, it is derived from life experiences. That's for a different thread. :)

• Friendly
Reactions: CyberJJJ

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton

PF Ben Carlson includes ISU in his top 6 and will visit September 24-25th. He was offered 5/3/18 and visited 9/14/17, 10/14/17, and 8/17/18. He has always said he would commit in September or October and the visits are set up to do so.

Reactions: necromancy

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Profile Updates:

ISU High Interest:
PG KK Robinson
SG Kerwin Walton
PF Ben Carlson

Warmer:
PG DJ Steward: Louisville
SG Jayden Scrubb (JC): Louisville