runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Coming Friday, October 4th... Peaky Blinders Season 5

468868_1

Reactions: urb1 and Clonefan94

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I saw the Between Two Ferns movie got released last week but I haven't had a chance to see it yet. Worth the time or is it more like an SNL character movie where they have to stretch the premise pretty thin to make it feature length?

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Looking forward to S5 of Schitt's Creek coming out on Oct 10.

I've been watching the newest season of Great British Baking Show - Alice constantly looks like she is 1 mistake away from going into full-meltdown mode and taking the entire tent with her.

Reactions: runbikeswim

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
I saw the Between Two Ferns movie got released last week but I haven't had a chance to see it yet. Worth the time or is it more like an SNL character movie where they have to stretch the premise pretty thin to make it feature length?

It gets stretched pretty thin. I definitely wouldn't make a special night of seeing it. It's OK though, if you like Zach and Will Ferrel, it makes it not terrible. Either way, definitely watch the credits at the end, that was the best part of the movie.

• Agree
Reactions: srjclone

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
It gets stretched pretty thin. I definitely wouldn't make a special night of seeing it. It's OK though, if you like Zach and Will Ferrel, it makes it not terrible. Either way, definitely watch the credits at the end, that was the best part of the movie.
Second this. I actually enjoyed the route they took to play off that his show was a real thing and why he was getting all of these great guests for a public access TV station, but as was expected it was just alright. I probably enjoyed it a bit more than some may because ZG has a lot of call backs to his early stand up routines, which make it fun.

Worth the watch, but not some hilarious ground breaking comedy. It's only probably 70 total minutes of movie.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

That's what I figured. It's a very funny concept for a five minute skit. But no matter how many celeb cameos you jam into it there's a limit to how funny it is watching Zach G (not even gonna try it) hurl passive aggressive insults at his guests.

I'll save it for a sick day or something.

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
Finally finished the Witcher season 3 last night, got slow at times so I would put it off for weeks at a time.

Behind Her Eyes was pretty good finished that up pretty quick.

Bridgerton I weirdly liked and You is great.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Finally finished the Witcher season 3 last night, got slow at times so I would put it off for weeks at a time.

Behind Her Eyes was pretty good finished that up pretty quick.

Bridgerton I weirdly liked and You is great.

I got halfway through 6 months ago and keep thinking I should just finish it. Huge bummer, I loved season 1.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
I'd never heard of it but I watched Windfall over the Holidays. Has Jason Segel, Jesse Plemmons, and Lily Collins. It's smaller budget and dialogue heavy but done pretty well if you like those types of movies. Plemmons is some tech bro that made a ton of money and they catch Segel in the middle of robbing their home, so Segel holds them hostage until they can get a bunch of cash delivered.

Then after I watched that Netflix recommended Forgetting Sarah Marshall, which is always worth a rewatch.

Nolaeer

Nov 24, 2012
I only have netflix after football season. I cancelled youtube tv effective jan 18. ill likely add a streaming service then.

i really liked Wednesday, Stranger Things, Umbrella academy, and season 1 witcher.

sadly, the next season of none of those shows will be out anytime soon, so i may just watch Big 12 wrestling on ESPN + since wvu isnt terrible this year.