North Linn-Jake Hilmer

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
North Linn Senior has had quite the HS career at 2A North Linn. (Walker, Troy Mills and Coggon make up the Northern part of Linn County.
This guy has the national record for most hits in a baseball career. He owns the state assist record in basketball for the state of Iowa. His North Linn team won the class 2A state basketball title in the Spring and he just pitched a one hit game to get them to the class 2A state baseball final on Saturday. As amazing of an athlete as he is, if you ever heard an interview with him, he's even a better person.

mdk2isu

Jan 30, 2013
Not of this World
North Linn Senior has had quite the HS career at 2A North Linn. (Walker, Troy Mills and Coggon make up the Northern part of Linn County.
This guy has the national record for most hits in a baseball career. He owns the state assist record in basketball for the state of Iowa. His North Linn team won the class 2A state basketball title in the Spring and he just pitched a one hit game to get them to the class 2A state baseball final on Saturday. As amazing of an athlete as he is, if you ever heard an interview with him, he's even a better person.

Hi Jake/Jake’s dad.

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
I'll second he is a great kid. I've had to coach against him. He is the leader and best one in an unbelievably talented Senior Class at North Linn. Like the above mentioned they win at everything. Impossible to get upset when a kid beats your team badly and displays the sportsmanship he does. He is always the first one to shake the refs hand and always shook my hand before and after the game. I came across him in Cedar Rapids one day and he even smiled and said Hi Coach to me and asked me how the team was looking this year.

Also very important to take note. Multi Sport Athlete. When it is football season he has a football in his hand, basketball he has a basketball, baseball he holds a baseball. I so wish more kids did it this way.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I always wished that someday people would say about me, ‘for as good of a person as he is, he’s an even better athlete’...

It’s never happened.

How about, "...he's a well-known member of CF" ?

Reactions: Clone_12

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
His dad was my golf coach, the last time I saw Jake he was probably 5 or 6 years old shooting hoops in front of his house. It's crazy to think what accomplishments the kids you see now can grow up to do.

When I was in high school Marcus Paige's mom was the girls basketball coach and he and his sister were the token 4 year old kids who were always at practice the whole time (back then we only had 1 gym and girls had 1 end and boys had the other). You would always have to keep 1 eye on what you were doing and 1 eye on them to ensure you didn't squash a 4 year old by accident. Like you said, it is a small world and funny how every thing comes full circle eventually.

Reactions: wxman1

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
I'll second he is a great kid. I've had to coach against him. He is the leader and best one in an unbelievably talented Senior Class at North Linn. Like the above mentioned they win at everything. Impossible to get upset when a kid beats your team badly and displays the sportsmanship he does. He is always the first one to shake the refs hand and always shook my hand before and after the game. I came across him in Cedar Rapids one day and he even smiled and said Hi Coach to me and asked me how the team was looking this year.

Also very important to take note. Multi Sport Athlete. When it is football season he has a football in his hand, basketball he has a basketball, baseball he holds a baseball. I so wish more kids did it this way.

I agree 100% with the point of your second paragraph, but Hilmer didn’t play football

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City

I played against him Thursday night. Really nice, but very competitive to the point where he comes off a little douchey, but I can’t fault him at all for wanting to win. Without him on the mound that North Linn team doesn’t go nearly as far as they did. He’s good

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron