Bob Lazar

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
I've heard some plausible arguments explaining the mind boggling good fortune Earth has had to produce intelligent life. And also the explanations of the vastness of space which make it plausible that there is "lots" of life out there which we will simply never be able to encounter due to distance.

Not just distance, but time.

How long has human civilization lasted? 10,000 years? How much longer until we go extinct? Another 10,000? If we are lucky?

20,000 years is an eyeblink to the billions of years old universe. Many intelligent civilizations could have popped up and petered out and never existed at the same time as another.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I don't know how anyone can believe we are the only life form. With space so vast, it's so improbable that that's the case that I can't even think about it being possible.
Sure, but that vastness you rightly point out is likely the reason we haven't (and maybe never will have) made contact.
Also, time is a factor. Life has risen and will fall on Earth in a particular window. Who says windows throughout the universe haven't already opened and closed all over the place...or are just now opening...or will open in a few hundred thousand years? The universe is vast, time is vast. And we're just a little blip. It's not hard to imagine that the little blips don't overlap or sync.

Last edited:

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
Not just distance, but time.

How long has human civilization lasted? 10,000 years? How much longer until we go extinct? Another 10,000? If we are lucky?

20,000 years is an eyeblink to the billions of years old universe. Many intelligent civilizations could have popped up and petered out and never existed at the same time as another.
Beat me to it!!!

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
It's hard to discredit the guy. We all know that our government has technologies that are far more advanced than what we know and obviously need to keep them a secret. The biggest thing for me is that he's proven to be right about so many different things as time has passed. Also, the effort to sort of erase his work and school history is pretty telling.

And pretty easy to do for powerful government agencies.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Also, the Space Force is not meant to protect from alien invasions. Its basically putting all the different space related assets (satellites, anti-sat weapons, GPS, et al) under one command. As opposed to having the different services all operate their own fiefdoms, with duplication of effort, increased cost, and less cooperation. That's my understanding anyway.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
He is an interesting dude. I heard about him about 15 years ago when I was huge into aliens going deep down the rabbit hole. There is some contradicting things regarding Lazar and some things skeptics couldn't explain about his story/history including things he claimed that turned out true despite everyone saying it wasn't at the time. His trips and understanding of test flight times/locations being a huge one. Several witnesses to these events.
The documentary is kinda cringy but interesting. Not much new info from what I had heard several years ago. Aliens are one of those interesting topics. I can't remember who equated claiming to see a UFO/Alien to admitting you shove marbles up your ass but they were spot on. No one will truely believe it unless they see it for themselves, they will just think you are a little crazy. A UFO could fly across a town of 1000 people in the middle of Iowa, shoot into space and despite 1000 witnesses, the vast majority of people living elsewhere would still say Nah. Even video, people would claim its fake, especially with technology today. If there is aliens visiting, we will never be told what the deal is unless there is an extinction event/war.

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy and Doc

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I've heard some plausible arguments explaining the mind boggling good fortune Earth has had to produce intelligent life. And also the explanations of the vastness of space which make it plausible that there is "lots" of life out there which we will simply never be able to encounter due to distance.
This is where I'm at. The vastness of space that the galaxy (whatever you want to call literally everything as a whole) has that we know absolutely nothing about makes me believe that there is a possibility of another form of intelligent life "out there" but it's so far away we'll never interact.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
My thoughts are this. We have been able to see deep deep deep into space and have never seen so much as anything regarding life form. So these Alien people would have to travel billions of miles to make it here, then they just crash? Like they have such good technology to get here but they crash when they make it here? Unless the theory is that we shot them down. Which still makes no sense.

Crazier things have happened.

upload_2019-7-15_15-33-59.jpeg

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
This is addressed, credibly in the doc and with Rogan. He's been able to verify through multiple credible coworkers, students, etc. that he really did attend those places. He's being discredited by some organization more than maybe anybody ever has.

I was a Rhodes Scholar at Oxford but unfortunately the government wants me to be a CPA so they have "gotten rid of" all those records

• Funny
Reactions: jcyclonee

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
And pretty easy to do for powerful government agencies.

How do you figure? There should be hundreds if not thousands of people he would have come in contact with at those schools, the government isn't going to make everyone that may have known him suddenly shun him. Not to mention there should be financial records of him paying tuition and such.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
  • Agree
Reactions: cdface

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
You ever listened to him or watched anything on him?

I've done research. I'm not one for conspiracy theories. Is there other life forms in space, most definitely. But if they are really as advanced as some think wouldn't they be able to overcome the US government trying to hide them? Plus as someone mentioned why is it only the U.S. that has ha contact.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I've done research. I'm not one for conspiracy theories. Is there other life forms in space, most definitely. But if they are really as advanced as some think wouldn't they be able to overcome the US government trying to hide them? Plus as someone mentioned why is it only the U.S. that has ha contact.

What kind of research?

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
They've found some of those people recently who have confirmed his story. They've also found newpaper articles, employee logs etc. confirming his work history. His credibility has gone through the roof the past few years, you should consider listening to the interview.

Some?

Think back to your college days for me. If this happened to you don't you think you'd have hundreds of people coming out and saying yeah I knew him and he was at ISU.

Crap I've had people come up to me randomly and say "Hey did you go to ISU and live on 4th floor of Wilson?". I didn't know them but they recognized me.

This is why I have a hard time believing the records being erased and that's my big hang up.

• Disagree
Reactions: titleist

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Some?

Think back to your college days for me. If this happened to you don't you think you'd have hundreds of people coming out and saying yeah I knew him and he was at ISU.

Crap I've had people come up to me randomly and say "Hey did you go to ISU and live on 4th floor of Wilson?". I didn't know them but they recognized me.

This is why I have a hard time believing the records being erased and that's my big hang up.

I'd very much characterize myself a skeptic on stuff like this. Watching the documentary made me realize the guy is legit.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
The greatest research.

You honestly believe the government can get to everyone who may have known him in college and get them all to say they don't know him?

Who knows how many people he really got to know well in college. And yes, I do believe the government can scare the hell out of pretty much whomever they want if the stakes are high enough.

• Informative
Reactions: isufbcurt

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I don't know if they can do that or not but that can get people to choose not to come forward with the way they've ruined Lazars life and credibility.

Honestly, you need to listen to the interview. He's beyond consistent, and comes off credible as hell.

Like I said my big hangup is the records thing.

• Agree
Reactions: JayV

Help Support Us

Become a patron