KC Sportscaster goes too far

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
As a broadcaster in that market you have to understand where the line is. This seems like he felt he needed to have a strong take just for the sake of having a strong take. If he left out the part about Reid's family, he would have been fine.

Yeah, and his clumsy "I'm sorry if you were offended" non-apology didn't help matters any. I wonder how the station will handle it in the long run. Doesn't he own a stake in it?

thatguy

May 29, 2009
DENVER
So I know Kietzmann real well. He is awful. He always takes the high road and is the moral compass of KC Sports, but he got a divorce because he got busted getting a hummer from an 18 year old intern in his office (then shamed her all over the City). He is also the reason that Gary Patterson didn't take the K-State job when Synder retired the first time (he went public with the news after Gary Patterson asked K-State to hold onto the news so he could tell his TCU players. KK and the GoPowerCat guy released the news anyway, and Patterson told them to piss off and stayed at TCU). He owns 810 so he won't be fired, but I'm assuming their access to the Chiefs is going to be very limited now.

Him and George Brett are always running around town talking family values and all this, but everyone in KC knows that those two are two of the worst humans on Earth.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
If he was referring to Reid's son's overdose death, that's incredibly over the line. I would go out of my way to not listen to a D bag that would say something like that.

I think that's what any reasonable person would infer from it, although he claims that's not what he was talking about.

At any rate it's bush league to drag family into it regardless of what he was referring to.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Kietzmann is bad radio. I love how he has attempted to back track his comments and made himself look like even more of an ass.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
His statement is stupid and wrong for so many reasons, but I get sick of this idea that coaches are somehow surrogate parents for their players. I think it is taken too far in college, and I definitely have an issue with it in the nfl. That's not to say a player, or any employee for that matter, can't face consequences at work for what they do in their personal lives. But why do some think it's a coaches job to take an active role in players personal lives? Its weird.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
So I know Kietzmann real well. He is awful. He always takes the high road and is the moral compass of KC Sports, but he got a divorce because he got busted getting a hummer from an 18 year old intern in his office (then shamed her all over the City). He is also the reason that Gary Patterson didn't take the K-State job when Synder retired the first time (he went public with the news after Gary Patterson asked K-State to hold onto the news so he could tell his TCU players. KK and the GoPowerCat guy released the news anyway, and Patterson told them to piss off and stayed at TCU). He owns 810 so he won't be fired, but I'm assuming their access to the Chiefs is going to be very limited now.

Him and George Brett are always running around town talking family values and all this, but everyone in KC knows that those two are two of the worst humans on Earth.
So he's Marty that maybe has a couple real connections but without the FBI stuff?

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Met Kietzman once and he was a huge tool. I’ve heard George Brett was, and still is, a man wh0re but at least he’s accomplished something in his life, Kietzman is just some rich dude with a microphone working in a dying industry.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
His statement is stupid and wrong for so many reasons, but I get sick of this idea that coaches are somehow surrogate parents for their players. I think it is taken too far in college, and I definitely have an issue with it in the nfl. That's not to say a player, or any employee for that matter, can't face consequences at work for what they do in their personal lives. But why do some think it's a coaches job to take an active role in players personal lives? Its weird.

It's not a job requirement for NFL coaches nor should it be, but some guys are pretty good at it. By the end of his coaching career Tony Dungy was widely regarded as a mentor and father figure for a lot of players. On the flip side, some coaches win by being Xs and Os hardasses.
I think Reid is a little bit of both. He's an offensive genius and a guy who's widely respected and liked around the league.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Yes but has he ever **** his pants?

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
The morning guy kinda went off today. Pretty much said KK was way over the line and was tired of everyone else taking heat for him being a dumbass.

Reactions: srjclone

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
The morning guy kinda went off today. Pretty much said KK was way over the line and was tired of everyone else taking heat for him being a dumbass.

I missed this morning. St. John went off, or someone else?

Keitzman was always my least favorite of the three shows, but as a KState homer, he loved to stir the drink against the Jayhawks, which occasionally made me chuckle. His show has gotten worse without Danny K.

Soren Petro is excellent. Wish he was on in drive time.

Border Patrol is OK, but they can be childish at times.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
St John, talked about his family having issues and didn't like people bringing that stuff up. Went on about a 15 minute rant, was actually pretty good.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO

tenor.gif

Help Support Us

Become a patron