Donate Old Shoes?

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
So I've been letting old pairs of shoes add up since college, and am trying to figure out the best way to get rid of them. Mainly worn out running shoes/sneakers and old work shoes.

Are there any good places in the metro that will accept old shoes? I was thinking of taking the old running/sport shoes to Play it Again Sports, but wasn't sure if a place like Goodwill or Hope would be good places to take the rest.

TIA.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Unless an item is totally shabby and needs to trashed (recycled), I donate to Goodwill. If they think it is too shabby, they can ditch it. You just never know.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
So I've been letting old pairs of shoes add up since college, and am trying to figure out the best way to get rid of them. Mainly worn out running shoes/sneakers and old work shoes.

Are there any good places in the metro that will accept old shoes? I was thinking of taking the old running/sport shoes to Play it Again Sports, but wasn't sure if a place like Goodwill or Hope would be good places to take the rest.

TIA.

Always thought unwanted shoes ended up hanging over power lines in poorer parts of town.

Some sports stores take old running shoes. Otherwise Goodwill.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver

TIA.

Can you quantify their nutritional value in ten words or less?

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Some of the mom & pop running stores out here accept old shoes as donations. You may want to check there.

Some of these footwear specialty shops, running shoe shops and gyms have them recycled into the spongy playground surfaces. My gym does that and a shoe store I used to go to did the same.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I would only donate shoes if they are in very good shape. I have a few pair I need to throw into a donation bin. Anything else I would toss.
In fact I need to go through unworn stuff and donate anything in good shape that I don't wear.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Some of these footwear specialty shops, running shoe shops and gyms have them recycled into the spongy playground surfaces. My gym does that and a shoe store I used to go to did the same.

I thought playgrounds stunk because of the rampant homelessness, drug abuse and child urine. It's just old shoes!

CyOps

Jul 12, 2010
Lincoln
I thought you were supposed to throw them out on the highway, but not both on the same highway. It gives other drivers something to talk about.
"Why is there one shoe on the side of the road?"
"Who loses one shoe on the highway?"
"What must that person's life be like?"

Reactions: Cyclones_R_GR8

Help Support Us

Become a patron