Would you take a non lethal gunshot to the thigh in exchange for an Iowa State national championship

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I am assuming those posting flesh wound mean it like this.

KmIbx7K.gif

• Funny
Reactions: heitclone

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
With my luck I would die from infection complications, and ISU would win a national title in women's gymnastics, or something like that.

So, no.

Isualum13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2018
Only if they leave the bullet in my leg. I would want to keep that trophy.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Saw this question on r/cfb, and it made me curious to see how the CF crowd would respond. Personally, I’d take it for an natty in football

Edit: on the reddit post there are 2 assumptions. 1) the team wins the title in your lifetime, but you don’t know when; and 2) you don’t know the severity of the wound. It could be a flesh wound or you could limp for the rest of your days

Which sport? Would hate to commit only to see the women's field hockey team getting the gold.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
I understand people who like basketball more than football, but I dont get resorting to desperate measures for a NC in basketball. I mean, that actually seems like a realistic possibility. Even as much as we've improved in football, it still feels like it would take human sacrifice or some other extreme voodoo magic to actually make winning a NC a real possibility.
I agree that basketball seems much more achievable. I actually think we could win one without me getting shot in the leg in my lifetime. I don't think we'll ever win one in football. So you would think my stance would be the other way around. But I'm a diehard in basketball and I've been heartbroken so many times since I was little that I would go to great lengths to guarantee a title. Football, I'm a big fan just doesn't get me as excited as hoops.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I opened this expecting no, no, no, no.... Quite disturbing to see anything else. But obviously I'm the oddball.

Three people "Agreed" with my post. But do they agree that "no, no, no, no" is the correct answer? Or agree I'm the oddball? I fear it is the latter.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I'll take the gunshot and the limp but we have to win that f#cker in two seasons after I take the shot. I want to be ambulatory (as much as possible) for the NCG and not too f#cking old to party. The "within your lifetime" BS is a trap!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron