Cy Hawk Rivalry

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Disgusting behavior. Laughing at a concussion after all we know how it affects these players?

Funny. I remember being in Kinnick in 08 when one of our players got absolutely rocked on an Andy Brodell punt return that went for a TD. While our player was on the ground obviously injured they kept playing the replay of the block and Iowa fans were going crazy and cheering along. Get off your fu***** high horse.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Funny. I remember being in Kinnick in 08 when one of our players got absolutely rocked on an Andy Brodell punt return that went for a TD. While our player was on the ground obviously injured they kept playing the replay of the block and Iowa fans were going crazy and cheering along. Get off your fu***** high horse.

Yep I remember that too. Similar to the Yanda hit that always gets attention during their Super Bowl week

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Disgusting behavior. Laughing at a concussion after all we know how it affects these players?
A lot of injuries can affect players. What's your thoughts on CJ in a bowl game getting blasted over and over?

• Winner
Reactions: cyhiphopp

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016

I guess you missed the part where I said I didn't cheer a concussion. I cheered because ISU was kicking the **** out of the most-hyped Hawkeyes squad in Kirk's tenure. I laughed because tough guy Tate got hurt trying to play with the big boys. I was at the game. For all I knew, Tate had sprained his shoulder.

DodgerHawki

Apr 1, 2009
I guess you missed the part where I said I didn't cheer a concussion. I cheered because ISU was kicking the **** out of the most-hyped Hawkeyes squad in Kirk's tenure. I laughed because tough guy Tate got hurt trying to play with the big boys. I was at the game. For all I knew, Tate had sprained his shoulder.

To be fair, the most-hyped squad under KF was likely 2010.

adjl

Jun 13, 2019
2005 and 2010 were neck and neck as far as hype.

2010 was the more talented team though
Was that the season they were ranked in the top 10 to start the season but then it ended like most seasons under KF?

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

Or when Rashawn Parker got laid out. Mouth breathers everyone blew in their pants

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Sorry to hear about some of your friends and relatives.

That is what makes it a great tailgate, we give them crap, they give us crap and when the game is over, my cousin brings over a large pile of ribeye that we grill, eat, drink, and talk about the game. Maybe I am older, but in the end, its just a game. I value my friends and family a hell of a lot more than who wins the Cyhawk trophy.

The CFP will continue to have only 4 teams until the SEC is left out, then it will be changed, not for the next year, but for that year.

The CFP committee needs to even things up, and say to play in the games, you must schedule during the regular season 10 P5 games, or you do not qualify for the championship. Plan and simple, its a crime that Alabama plays less P5 games each year, during the regular season than Iowa State. Really its a JOKE.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
2005 and 2010 were neck and neck as far as hype.

2010 was the more talented team though

Drew Tate had a very hyped career after 2004 and really his teams didn't do much after the 'Heave heard around Iowa City'.

I do remember him having some impressive throws in traffic when he'd get his feet set.

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
Drew Tate had a very hyped career after 2004 and really his teams didn't do much after the 'Heave heard around Iowa City'.

I do remember him having some impressive throws in traffic when he'd get his feet set.
Tate was fun to watch.

His numbers for 2005 were actually better but the D really dropped off from the year before.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Your Sam Richardson and Kyle Kempt hype surpassed that...,

Kempt was a stud. I don't think I hyped Richardson up much actually. Park had a lot of hype and then obviously Purdy is the best QB the state has seen since Banks and Seneca

dexterhawk

Oct 17, 2013
I actually thought Richardson may have been better with better coaching or at least consistent systems.

Kempt is an example of playing to a players' abilities pretty well.
I wasn’t bashing those guys and I agree...just giving twins crap

• Funny
Reactions: madguy30

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Drew Tate?

The guy who showed up for a summer job in Coralville thinking it was a "make work" job?

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Alabama almost lost to an FCS team the night we upset #2 OK State. Imagine if Bama had to play an SEC team on the road that night and OK State got to mail in a game against a cream puff at home. What the SEC has been doing works.
Ala. beat FCS Georgia Southern 45-21 that weekend, so they didn't almost lose. As for playing a conference road game instead, the week before, Ala. won @ Miss. State 24-7 and the week after, Ala. won @ Auburn 42-14. Meanwhile, Okla State played @ TT the week before and was Idle the week after. So, both teams played 2 @ conference games in that 3 week period in Nov. 2011.

FWIW, I think Okla. State deserved to play in the BCS Championship Game vs. LSU more than Alabama did, but cherry picking one game doesn't make up an entire season. Both Alabama and Oklahoma State had tough games, and both Alabama and Oklahoma State had easy games. Sometimes, Alabama had the tougher game, and sometimes OSU had the tougher game.

Last edited: