Football Seat Selection

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I kept my four seats in the spot we are at, right beside the Sokup area, for a fourth of the price.

I called the ticket office today about tickets for the away WV game, we have 8 to 9 going. She could not guarantee the tickets would not be in the upper deck. We bought tickets last year for the Texas game, and the seats sucked. She gave me the number of the WV ticket office and I called them, their single game tickets do not go on sell until the first week of July.
She thought the visitors tickets were down low section 99. Have anyone been to WV and where did you purchase your tickets. We looked at stubhub and we can get them through there, but it was about $30 more per ticket.

Any advise would be appreciated.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
I kept my four seats in the spot we are at, right beside the Sokup area, for a fourth of the price.

I called the ticket office today about tickets for the away WV game, we have 8 to 9 going. She could not guarantee the tickets would not be in the upper deck. We bought tickets last year for the Texas game, and the seats sucked. She gave me the number of the WV ticket office and I called them, their single game tickets do not go on sell until the first week of July.
She thought the visitors tickets were down low section 99. Have anyone been to WV and where did you purchase your tickets. We looked at stubhub and we can get them through there, but it was about $30 more per ticket.

I have the same question about the Baylor game.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006

Been to WV. Got the tickets through ISU and had lower level seats. Weren't too bad either for corner of the endzone.

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa

Honestly, from experience, its better to wait until the game gets closer and buy off of stub hub or similar. Much better seats for lower cost than through ISU or even opponents.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
I finally got to pick my seats this morning. I understand the reasoning, but sucks you can't choose seats if your choice leaves 1 seat by itself. I only have 3 tickets so there were quite a few groups of 4 that weren't available to me. Also, there were quite a few singles so not sure how those people were able to do that?

It would be awesome if there was a little bio of the season ticket holder for each set of occupied seats. It'd be nice to know if the seats I'm picking are next to another family with kids, or a belligerent drunk who yells profanities all game, or in front of handicapped seniors who demand you sit all game long. I know, totally not feasible, but it'd be awesome.

Section 2 is great! Guys taking off shirts, people passing around bottles of Fireball, some people passing out jello shots, a little profanity now and then, mainly aimed at refs poor calls. We get on the big screen quite a bit as the camera guy is right in front of section 2.

Don't know what row it was, but a couple rows looked like they tailgated there, bottles, and cans everywhere.

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
If I buy season tickets now, do I just get to select right away? Or are the normie season tickets still waiting for selection timeframe?

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
If I buy season tickets now, do I just get to select right away? Or are the normie season tickets still waiting for selection timeframe?

You will have to wait until all the current season ticket holders have been given the opportunity to change seats. If you buy now, it will not give you a seat or even a section just basically lower or upper bowl.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Section 2 is great! Guys taking off shirts, people passing around bottles of Fireball, some people passing out jello shots, a little profanity now and then, mainly aimed at refs poor calls. We get on the big screen quite a bit as the camera guy is right in front of section 2.

Don't know what row it was, but a couple rows looked like they tailgated there, bottles, and cans everywhere.

HA! Well, at least that will be entertaining to watch from my seats up above in Section B!

Reactions: CascadeClone