Cy Hawk Rivalry

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
As I have clearly demonstrated both here on this message board and to my colleagues who tailgate with me in B4 and elsewhere, I am an unapologetic anti-hok, to the point where I find joy and amusement in their self-inflicted injuries.

You have parking spot in B4?

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
As I have clearly demonstrated both here on this message board and to my colleagues who tailgate with me in B4 and elsewhere, I am an unapologetic anti-hok, to the point where I find joy and amusement in their self-inflicted injuries.

Wow!!! That is gross if you ask me. What is self inflicted about trying to make a tackle. Wasn't smart for sure, but he is a football player trying to make a play.

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
When is Freerentz going to start running his mouth? It's mid-June and he should be on schedule to begin chirping about how the hoks are going to win the Super Bowl against Iowa State. Wasn't he in Des Moines last week?

It will be time for your annual ass kicking soon enough. Just enjoy your summer first.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
It will be time for your annual ass kicking soon enough. Just enjoy your summer first.
Just remember before this recent streak, Coach Ferentz's record against Iowa State was 7-9.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
In some ways I wish it were part of Rivalry week but I also kind of like how it's early in the season, generally good weather for tailgating and there's still the 'freshness' of the new football season that adds to it.

Mac basically relied on beating Iowa to save his job iirc but as ISU's been decent the past two seasons, games like TCU in 2017 and last year's game in Austin have been big deals for what it means for the season. Sending Snyder out like that last year as well was perfect.
My favorite year was was 2001. The game meant something for both sides.i liked that setup a lot. It isn’t good for either program so it will never happen.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I’m all in on 8. Really don’t want to see it go to 16 though

16 is just way too many. You basically don't need a regular season at that point. That would add so many extra games for the teams that make it to the championship. You wouldn't really even need conference championships at that point. The top two teams from the P5 conferences would get in regardless. It would actually hurt the "second best" team in the conference every year to play in a CCG. You'd probably want to be 3rd in conference, rest and get into the top 16 the easy way.

I think 8 would make everyone happy. But it would be an excuse to get two SEC teams in every year, and probably two Big 10 teams whether they deserve it or not.

Personally I like the idea of 6. 5 conference champs and 1 wild card.[/QUOTE]
I also think the injuries and risk exposure is wholly unwarranted.

• Agree
Reactions: STLISU

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Honestly I wish we didn't have a bye that week. No excuses though unless we have another fluke lightning storm

Good and bad to it. No chance for injury and get to rest. On the other hand you miss out on the live reps.

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
On a related topic, I've noticed from trolling Hokeye Pokey forum that the Hok fans looking to get into JTS for their Super Bowl are already whining about the cost of a ticket from Stub Hub. Once again, let me get on my soap box and proclaim, Don't sell tickets to Hoks. I know it's tempting to buy season tickets and then make a buck by selling them to tavern hoks when they cash their welfare checks, but you aren't helping our cause.

DodgerHawki

Apr 1, 2009

I can respect that. Honesty is good.