Away FB Tickets

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
I received an email that away game football tickets are going on sale to Cyclone Club members and season ticketholders. Fine. We likely will trip down to Manhattan and maybe another away game. Last year we purchased tickets to the KS game through ISU only to be put in the very, very lower corner, even though we are long term season ticket holders. This was very disturbing. Fortunately, the stands were only about 50% full (if that) so we were able to move to good open seats. I like supporting the ISU ticket office, but only if the seats are reasonable. We want to sit with Cyclone followers if possible. So, what has worked best for others to get decent seats among Cyclone followers at away games?

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
We've gone to KU/KSU the last 6-7 years or so. Always found it easier/cheaper to wait until closer to the game to find tix via 3rd party. KSU could be terrible so you might get a ticket for dirt cheap.

• Agree
Reactions: CubsClones1

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
For KSU/KU buy them 3rd party a week before the game. For the big boys an ISU package isn't bad, but alumni groups often have better seat options.

We sat 50 yard line 10 rows up at KU for $7 last time.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Last year we purchased tickets to the KS game through ISU only to be put in the very, very lower corner, even though we are long term season ticket holders. This was very disturbing.

In other words, you were near the front of the visitors' section.

Most schools' seating charts have the visitor allotment marked. And most of those allotments are either in end sections or high corner areas.

I'd recommend scoping those out beforehand. If those sections aren't appealing for that particular game, then go through the secondary market. Or, if it's a low-attendance venue (like KU), snag cheap tix through a home team's promotion and just move to a "better" spot.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
We're considering going to the West Virginia game. Anyone have seat location suggestions? Best time to buy? Places to tailgate? Places to say? Places to eat? Any/all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

SECyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 29, 2011
Pella
Away teams and bowl game teams will never get good seats through the school

Remo Gaggi

Aug 28, 2018
KU ticket last year was crazy cheap. Check out the photo below. We took over the stadium. The blue you see on the home side isn't Kansas fans, it's the blue empty seat backs. I was however, impressed by their hok style press box/suites that spanned the entire west side. ku.jpg

EERwax

Nov 27, 2013
Morgantown/Keyser, W. Va.
We're considering going to the West Virginia game. Anyone have seat location suggestions? Best time to buy? Places to tailgate? Places to say? Places to eat? Any/all suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

This is the visitors section view:
Mountaineer-Field-Football-Section-99-Row-53_on_9-8-2018_FL.jpg

You can tailgate in the Blue Lot in front of the stadium/hospital. You can try calling hotels around Morgantown but I am not sure on the availability since they get booked up quick. 2nd best options would be Bridgeport/Clarksburg (30 mins), Waynesburg PA (15 mins), or spend the weekend in Pittsburgh (55 mins). If you are looking to take a group or family and want to make a long weekend out of it, renting a house at Deep Creek Lake, MD (40 mins) is another option. Best places to eat would be Mario's Fishbowl & Keglers.

There were a bunch of ISU fans for the November game in 2013. The Wide Right people had a location set up in the Blue Lot. I imagine that the warmer weather and earlier game time will bring more Cyclone fans this year.

Last edited:

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
This is the visitors section view:
Mountaineer-Field-Football-Section-99-Row-53_on_9-8-2018_FL.jpg

You can tailgate in the Blue Lot in front of the stadium/hospital. You can try calling hotels around Morgantown but I am not sure on the availability since they get booked up quick. 2nd best options would be Bridgeport/Clarksburg (30 mins), Waynesburg PA (15 mins), or spend the weekend in Pittsburgh (55 mins). Best places to eat would be Mario's Fishbowl & Keglers.

There were a bunch of ISU fans for the November game in 2013. The Wide Right people had a location set up in the Blue Lot. I imagine that the warmer weather and earlier game time will bring more Cyclone fans this year.

We are planning on going out, we already have 4 hotel rooms booked, is it better to get tickets to the game through ISU or WV? We got ours through ISU last year for the Texas game and they were in the nose bleed section. Rather not repeat that again, is their an ISU fan club in the area that is doing tickets like the Dallas one does in Texas. Many thanks.

EERwax

Nov 27, 2013
Morgantown/Keyser, W. Va.
We are planning on going out, we already have 4 hotel rooms booked, is it better to get tickets to the game through ISU or WV? We got ours through ISU last year for the Texas game and they were in the nose bleed section. Rather not repeat that again, is their an ISU fan club in the area that is doing tickets like the Dallas one does in Texas. Many thanks.

Buying though ISU would guarantee you'd be with other Cyclones in the sections in the above photo. Buying though WVU might get you upper deck seats or the 'general admission' areas which is to the left of the visitors section.

Reactions: SEIOWA CLONE

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron