Big 12 Network

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Not a cupcake. A power 5 matchup. Make it part of the deal. The extra scheduling freedom could allow for restored rivalries such as ATM-Texas, Pitt-WVU, Kansas-Mizzou, etc.
I don't think going to 12 would bring back TAMU-UT or Kansas-Mizzou. Those teams aren't playing because they can't find room in their schedule, they're not playing because they hate each other.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
I don't think going to 12 would bring back TAMU-UT or Kansas-Mizzou. Those teams aren't playing because they can't find room in their schedule, they're not playing because they hate each other.

You're right about the Border War, but not Texas-ATM:

https://www.kvue.com/article/sports...alry/269-ec8014f3-0009-4f03-8612-de407d3d114b

Backyard Brawl is returning as well:

https://www.cardiachill.com/2018/1/...rs-college-football-2022-season-opener-sept-3

I think the Border War will return eventually as well.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Not a cupcake. A power 5 matchup. Make it part of the deal. The extra scheduling freedom could allow for restored rivalries such as ATM-Texas, Pitt-WVU, Kansas-Mizzou, etc.

You said:
I agree with a previous poster we should return to an 8 game schedule in football to get more bowl eligible teams like the SEC does.

How does dropping a conference game and then adding back a P5 matchup help get more teams bowl eligible?

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park

Lol.

They could find room if they wanted.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
You said:

How does dropping a conference game and then adding back a P5 matchup help get more teams bowl eligible?

Rutgers, Vanderbilt, Oregon State, Virginia... :D

Good catch. Selfishly I was thinking more about Iowa State's situation. We're already playing Iowa every year. An extra game of scheduling freedom would benefit us- but we suck at scheduling cupcakes anyways...

• Agree
Reactions: Cardinal and Gold

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
I think sports in general are getting close to the high water mark in media contracts. More people cord cutting and going with more ala cart services. Just don't see this thing getting much higher.

It's kind of like stadium and arena sizes. Seems to be a trend, even in Power 5 schools, to not build bigger and in some cases go smaller.

#millennialsruineverything :)

• Agree
Reactions: hlb76