2020 Long-snapper commits

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
giphy.gif

Cyder91

Jul 19, 2018
Thanks for the information. I really had no idea nor does it seem that many others do either. Try not to act like this is common knowledge please.
You are right. Sorry about that! I edited the post!

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
Who knew snapping was such serious business.
I looked up Kohl's Kicking camps when I first saw that this kid had committed and was pretty surprised. Jamie runs camps all over the country.
Good for him.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
A few things I tried to do with my son. In football I tried to teach him long snapping. Told him it was a pretty good way to make it into the NFL without having much athletic ability.

Also Throw the Knuckleball in baseball. Easiest way to make the MLB as a pitcher if you don't have a cannon of an arm. He didn't like either.

BTW I was joking when I said it. Didn't really think my son could make pro sports. However, it's not a bad way to try if you don't have the athletic ability.

• Agree
Reactions: VeloClone

STATE12

Jul 8, 2015
Who knew snapping was such serious business.

Within the last year or so, I heard Kevin McDermott (Vikings LS) talk about some of the intricacies of the position and LS/PH/K relationship on the radio. Amazed me how much of a science they have it down to for the kicking game. They obviously have to know the time it takes to snap and get it to a good hold position for protection, but I thought it was crazy that he also knows how many rotations the ball will spin from snap to hold if executed correctly (which allows them to help the place holder out by not having to spin laces away).

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Everyone should click that link and watch his snaps.

giphy.webp

I wonder if those guys stand so close to the target on every snap. One goes a little to the side and they are folding over on the floor!

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
Wasn't there a little rumor out there that Wirtel could get drafted next year?
I think Spencer Thorton got looks as well not sure what year that would be maybe like 2012

Help Support Us

Become a patron